Would you date someone from a different culture?

Important read!

definition of culture:

the behaviors and beliefs characteristic of a particular social, ethnic, or age group:
the youth culture; the drug culture.

That means someone in a different age group if they act how stereotypically somone from that age group would act like say a 19 year old acting like a regular teenager, being horny all the time and having tantrums lol.

• would date
  • wouldn`t date ( I want someone similar to me in how they act and do things)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, different culture does not necessarily mean a culture that runs counter to my own thoughts and opinions. Obviously if they where morally polar to my beliefs then no I would not, but that is rarely the case. I think most cultures when you actually look at them are suprisingly as similar as they are different so as long as those similarities ran parallel to my moral beliefs and ideas then I would see no issue with it.

What Girls Said 13

• It depends how well we can respect each other's cultures. I'd honestly have a really hard time respecting someone who's into drug culture.

Or furries. Or nudists.

You know what, I'm very close minded lol As long as they're not extreme deviants, I don't mind too much.

• It depends, I'm okay with different cultures as long as the man shares the strong traditional family values that I have.
    Although it would be easier for me to date inside my culture because we have more chances of sharing these values.
    But if I meet a man who shares the same values from another culture (which I kind of did) then Sure, why not!

• Haven't dated anyone at my exact age, nor my ethnic background, so yes I would definitely... :P

• Want to know the truth? The Indians I mean the Indians from India who are on the Internet are such a turnoff with the demands and their crass attitudes that it has turned me off to dating anyone from a different culture. That is prejudice but I can't help because I have been turned off by, "hello meeshee, you foocked me now?"
    We haven't even said hello. "No matter my name is bub. Fook now. You mean Bob – "yes bub." "You like fork. We make fook now?" Go to hell Bob
    "good good – you and I make sex “Fook now. You mean Bob – "yes bub." "You like fork. We make fook now?" Go to hell Bob
    "good good – you and I make sex “

• I am an Indian. I mean from India. I am actually intrigued. Can you tell me more about these assholes? Sounds funny and interesting.

• Same thing with Indians. It's like behave the same everywhere, it's scary.
      I'm fed up.

• Yikes. As an American/Indian girl bought up in the states this saddens me that people representing where I came from act like this and have this general opinion on people from the states.

I can tell you Indians in NorCal don't do this :/

• Sure, I guess.

• of course I would, I'd love to

• you know I am doing that :D

• I can do different cultures. I actually love that!! It makes you more aware of different cultures and appreciative. however I definitely can't do different political views and maybe religion.

• Depends what culture he brings lol.
    Well to be honest, if he will live in my place then he MUST behave like we do. And vice versa.
    "When in Rome, do as Romans do."

• Honestly?

No I wouldn't.

• i've been doing just that for a while now

• i CANNOT STAND guys from my country... i despise them... so yes !

• Well I would but it really depends on how different their culture is from mine. Like I can't date or marry anyone with a different religion than me.

What Guys Said 9

• I actually am dating someone from a different culture. She was actually my tutor when learning her native language. Some of the cultural differences are kind of strange but for the most part I get along with most of her friends really well even if I do still have the occasional problem with communication.

• I would marry from a different culture, race, ethnicity and/or nationality.

A different religion? Definitely not.

• Yes but if they're really religious it might be an issue. If they party too hard it would also be an issue. Besides that I think it would be a fun experience.

• That's how I learned most of my Spanish lol
    or spanglish rather.

• Date, yes, marry? Maybe.

• Depends on the individual at the end of the day. I don't really care too much about ethnic origin or social class, but I'd prefer someone closer to my age and someone who I have some common interests with. I couldn't date someone who's introverted/hates parties.

• I would date a girl that has some differences in culture, but overall, is mostly the same.

• I've had terrible experiences. its already tough finding someone attractive whos not Asian whos into Asians.

then their culture makes you fee you can do so much better lol

• Depends on the culture.

• You're off topic. We are talking about yogurt and the culture of yogurt