How do I meet people in a small town?

I have a job I love in a smallish, remote community. I moved here 2 years ago and have met exactly one single man who was around my age. I work in an office with dozens of young men -- all partnered. And all my friends are married. There is no bar scene here and people generally just socialize with friends. I gave no clue how to even begin dating. I've been single for 7 years. I'm 29.

The next town that has more people than mine is 500 miles away

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You can definitely try online dating. There might be a lot of people to go through, and a lot of people who aren't going to be good candidates for you, but I do have friends that met their partners through dating sites.
    Ask friends/coworkers to set you up on dates. You don't have to sound desperate, just let them know that you're looking to meet new people and would like some introductions.
    Is there a neighboring town or city that has a better bar scene? You can take a trip with some friends, get a hotel room, and go out in that town to meet new people.