Is there something wrong with me for being single all the the time?

I am really starting to think there is something seriously wrong with me for being single 24/7. I get asked too often if I have a boyfriend. It is really starting to fucking piss me off. The next person who asks is gonna get knocked out. I already snapped on a few people for bringing it up. It is my personal choice like I said I don't I can get anyone.

All the guys that have shown an interest are abusive assholes or just losers. Like my family is putting too much pressure on me to date do they want to date an emotional abusive guy just to have somebody my self esteem cannot get any lower. I considered it but it will only keep me behind in my life. I am behind as it is in my life. And I know I am not ugly actually everyone assumes a pretty girl must have a boyfriend because she is pretty.

Not my case every guy I have ever liked never likes me back. So fuck off and leave alone if I rather die alone with 4 or more cats than date an abusive asshole/loser! I will seriously tell them or anybody else who asks me next time to fuck off right off. If that is the case no one decent wants to date me I will die never finding anyone compatible. I am extremely picky and I do not plan changing that anytime soon.

That is one of my biggest fears dying alone. So having it thrown in my face oooo why are you still single aggravates the f**k outta me. Sorry for all of my cussing I am so vex right now.

I was starting to accept being single. I have been single for a long ass time. I enjoy being single so why can't be I be single in peace? Without people asking me the same damn question?

It is really nobody's business but my own. I am done with that side of my family. They don't understand I have serve depression and anxiety. Dating is not my number 1 priority right now. I have issues I am trying to work out. I don't think I can handle a relationship right now. I am content being single I do not understand why I get pressured/harrassed to date somebody by my family and everyone else. I get pressured to have sex for crying out loud! I am happily celibate and have been for years.

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents used to ask me why I'm such a loner and not out trying to meet women and all that. I told them that I'm happy as I am and being in a relationship isn't a huge priority in my life. It's cool if it happens but it wouldn't bother me if it doesn't. They stopped bugging me about it after that. My mom got sad over it for some reason though lol

Seriously they shouldn't be up in your business so much. That's your business not theirs.

• Being yourself is such a hard thing to do now-a-days. Screw society's norms I would dye my hair blue or green and spit on anyone who told me I had to be a certain way to be like everybody else or normal.

• I am deeply misunderstood and I used to be fake so I could accepted/liked. I realized it is easier to be real. Who ever likes you likes you. It can be hard to deal with when you feel no one likes you. But it is not your job to make anyone understand you.

• You're right. You shouldn't have to defend yourself to strangers. Just do you and learn to be happy being you and people will take notice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can relate to how you feel. I get tired of people saying ", are you still single", as if I'm weird for not being in a relationship. I'm selective with who I date because like you, most who are interested in me are control freaks or an ass&ole in someway. I find the guys who I do like and would date are interested in another girl... not me.

I'm content and happy being single, but I would love to have someone in my life who cared about me

What Guys Said 9

• You look exceptionally fine, so unless you have pronounced personality issues, I can't imagine why you're sought after. Maybe it's just a matter of finding new circles in which to mingle.

• I second that, maybe just not around the right people and haven't met them yet. Be patient hang in there things seem to change sometimes like a drop of a hat. You never know what the day will bring

• Yes yes I know what you mean. I dont get nagged often as you I think, but then again, I dont live that close to them and probably would get nagged more, lol.

At any rate you're 24, not 33 like myself and plenty of time to dodge losers. I just keep on thinking about all this being bad luck. I mean how can so many people find so many to date so easily? Either they date losers and dont realize it or they are the loser themselves or some of them end up dating and marrying the first person they meet... lucky them.

-My dad might say, it's not luck, it's opportunity... but DAMN, what opportunity!!!

• Don't sweat it, everything always works out one way or the other. Today will pass on over to the next day

• In my opinion it's perfectly normal to be single 24/7. I'm single 24/7 also :D.

• It is I am supposed to married with 1 child by now! My family aggravates me.

• Oh yes they would want to date you, your physical beauty makes up for your mental beauty :). Well their isn't much you can do about your parents except deal with it or ignore it.

• Actually it is my aunt and uncle who have nieces and nephews who are doing so well. My father is actually living with another woman lol My mother does not pressure me at all to have someone she just says it would be nice to find someone one day. I am obviously getting professional help but relationship stress is not what I need right now. I am focusing on moving on with my life. I am so behind in my life.

• Handle your business... don't worry about what they think because at the end of the day it's your life... if ur not ready yet you are not ready...👌Progress

• Do you have a boyfriend?

• Yeah you should create a husband in a lab.

• Nice story 👍
    While reading I just forgot it was a question:p

• Well it is more a rant. It is how I get my frustrations out. So my question to make a long story short. Is there something wrong with me for being single all the time?

• Not my entire family just them.

• Ya I understand:p

• lol you are the female version of me.. .

• yeah. i get your frustration as most men (& women) today are non dateable but i still think our fears are irrational to an extend. we have to do some inner work as well.

What Girls Said 5

• Ill be straight forward honest now

You seem quite angry and frustrated. Perhaps your attitude attracts the wrong kind of men. Perhaps you also have too high standards. If you try too hard to get a boyfriend, you might be overlooking sweet guys who take a bit longer to get to know. My best "strategy" so far has been to surround myself with nice male friends. You could try to be less picky as to looks and more to personality and for that, you first need to get to know someone.

• I am not looking for anyone though. I am angry by all the pressure that is put on me. All the other girls in my family who are in a relationship are around my age. I am single by choice and my strandards are very high and I am lowering them. I am not desperate lol.

• well just tel them you're a happy single. I feel the pressure too sometimes, only difference is that I do actually want a relationship. I guess Im picky too, I keep friendzoning people.
      By the way, you look pretty :)

• Thank you. I have the same issue with friendzoning too. That is why everyone concerns themselves as for if I am still single. You are so pretty you must have a boyfriend. It is quite the opposite actually.

• I'm single all the time! Nothing wrong with it! If you want to be single be single. If you want to be in a relationship don't surround yourself with fuckboys! Make yourself happy

• You have to do what feels right for YOU, period.

• there's nothing wrong with being single u probably just didn't find the wright guy but u will I'm single as well and still single Iv been asked twice if I had a boyfriend

• I can really relate to most of what you said lol when I tell someone that I dont have a boyfriend tht ar shocked 😂 but I don't really mind if they ask me tbh. But I too fear of dying alone because unfortunately I also suffer from anxiety and it's not easy to approach someone especially your crush which sucks a lot and to make it even worse some of the guys that I've actually liked also happened to like me back but I can't even be near them because of this anxiety.