No replies on dating websites?

Okay. So. I signed up for Zoosk and OKCupid. On Zoosk, you can "wink" to get someone to know you're interested. No responses.

On OkCupid, you can "like" someone and/or send a message. No replies. (1 girl did but it was like once and then she disappeared).

On both i can see that theyve read it. Or theyve been online and seem to not even notice it.

Im not saying anything weird. Im just saying hi and maybe like a question about them. Some want more creativity , got it... but SOMEONE has to reply to something, right? Even just a Hi? I keep saying ill keep trying but i get stuck again with "read" messages and no replies. Nada. Zip.

There are only so many girls that are in the area i prefer with similar interest and what not. Its not infinite.

0|0
1|9

Most Helpful Guy

• I asked a similar question before:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1811682-for-people-who-have-tried-online-dating-how-often-do-people-respond

I made a little experiment of it and found that fewer than 1 in 10 girls will respond and most of those that do respond don't carry on much of a conversation. But as you proceed to message different people I found that the response rate increases, perhaps because you have to lower your standards to message more girls without messaging the same ones.

So basically, online dating is mostly bullshit.

0|2
    0|0
    • Yea i read it before. I know some people are just going to wave you off but like 1 person i would think would reply. Just a hi. All im asking. They aren't even like 10/10 would bang out of my league. Not like i have that high of standards.

• thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 1

• a simple "hi" is too boring. They won't even bother. Think of something better. You could try different kinds of approaches (sweet, funny, straight forward, long, short) and see what works.

Perhaps your pictures look bad. Doesn't matter if you're hot, if you look like an awkward douche you won't get many responses.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• don't just say hi. many of them get probably a lot of those messages... they'll just ignore you.

say something nice to introduce you, why they caught your interest or something else... but if you just start with hi you chances to get a reply are very low. then of course it's also the way you write, you looks etc.

but always keep your expectations low. you are probably not the only one interested in them.

0|1
    0|1
  • You are a male on a dating site. If you are not looking like this:

www.thefashionisto.com/.../...r-2015-Shoot-005.jpg

then good luck buddy

0|1
    0|0
  • You know which app has guaranteed replies? Outside

0|2
    0|0
  • they get hundreds of messages from men every day, why don't you pretend to be a women and throw on some sexy pics (not of you) then try to sort through the onslaught of emails to find anybody remotely genuine, it's not you, it's what they have to deal with

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't message women on dating sites, always wait for them to message you.

0|1
    0|1
  • "Hi" is boring. Try to reference something from their actual profile

0|0
    0|1
    • But it's rude to not at least say hello back. If someone said hello to you on the street you shouldn't ignore them. At least say hello, then tell them to frig off if they annoy you.

• Show All
    • The ones that i did, like i asked them a question, didn't reply either.

• @Dragonstarterplus good point

@Asker I just remembered that some dating websites allow members to filter messages by length; below a certain length they may not get/see the message at all.

• Work on your profile. It is all about how you market yourself. Used cars aren't even called used anymore. Now they are called preowned. You can use the same tactic to improve your profile. You have to sell yourself better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your better off taking a cheese grater to your face than online dating.
    There are 600 million guys on there and 4 women. Good luck with that. Since it's all geared towards women and women become rude inconsiderate twats when they get unlimited attention, you will wind up waisting your time. Most women on there have no intention of finding someone. They just want an ego boost and don't care that it's at other people's expense. They join, get 1000 messages from guys and it temporarily feeds their ego that they happily base on there attractiveness (but will bitch and whine about how society judges them on looks and will then fully buy into it and not bother to develope other qualitys and reject what they claim they hate. Then buy the magizines etc that perpetuates the situation.). Save yourself the heartache, expensive dates to find out she's not who she claimed to be, the vanishing women, the careless rudeness etc. and don't bother.

0|1
    0|0