Was I dramatic?

This guy and I like each other and we are going on a date Friday. We been talking and texting. So I walk in on him flirting with some girl at work (touching her arm and sitting real close). After his flirting he comes over and tries to talk to me but I just leave. I told him to forget the date and I have not spoke to him since.

I dont want to be with someone who claims to like me but flirts with everyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're being dramatic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, I probably would have done the same.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Well if he was actually flirting you could just tell him that you'd rather not be with someone or date someone that was a serial flirter.

• No, you're not being dramatic. Look, I've been with guys who date one person, but have a lot of girl friends on the side. Here's the thing: He sure wasn't trying to be just her friend. Guys don't really make female friends that often; just girls they haven't dated yet. Guys don't have much to benefit from having a female friend, unless they happened to share a common group of friends, or are purely classmates.

JV players like that always have excuses about how they can just be friends with a girl; but that's personally something I've never believed in. Most guys don't like to do girly activities such as going shoe shopping, and a lot of girls aren't dying to see what's on ESPN; what's the benefit of being friends? Easy. One or both of them want to build a potential relationship or fling, or just wanted bragging rights.

You did the right thing.

• Some people just have flirty personalities... you should talk to him about it and be direct and ask him what he wants. Dont cockblock yourself, and then think about the things that could have happened...