Any surfing bros out there?

None of my bros are down to try surfing with me even though I live close to the beach lol. Would it be weird to go out there for the first time solo? Where should I start as far as what kind of board.. all I know is the starter ones should be bigger. I'm very athletic and have a good sense of balance.. how long would it take somebody like me to get it down?

Most Helpful Girl

• YOLO and go for it bruhhhh

Most Helpful Guy

• From hawaii, came straight out of the womb standing on a board. To be a pro it takes years of practice. But to be able to mess around and have fun 6mos, if you practice. A balance board helps www.amazon.com/.../ref=zg_bs_3407861_9 Just look for used 8foot long boards or run and grab a foam board. Put some wax on it to ensure you have enough grip. Get a wetsuit, unless you like to see your balls freeze off and float away (depending on location). Teacher or youtube is definitely enough to have fun.

What Girls Said 1

• Not a bro but i am a surfer :P
    Start of with a longer, thicker board, its easier for beginners. Start with small beach break type of waves (nothing too big and crazy). Everyone takes a different amount of time to learn, there is no set time frame. And there is nothing wrong with surfing solo, thats how i started as well...

What Guys Said 3

• i haven't learnt to surf yet bc i dont live anywhere near a beach but I've been told u can start standing if u spend a day surfing. u could probably get good if u do it everyday.

• I surf on gag!!
    Brb paddling out while on @polocrew in missionary

• We gon sink together, I'd pick u up in 10 mins OP. Only a way to find out