He doesn't like me enough?

I've Been seeing this guy he's older than me I'm 27 he's 36 he's never had proper serious relationships says he doesn't think he likes me enough to give me what I want. He wants to hangout as friends and that's how he ends up liking a girl but doesn't want me to hold out for it. He says he definitely likes me as more than a friend though. What should I do?

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should let this one go. I don't think you'll find what you want from him. If he's thirty six and has such difficulties with commitment, then he probably won't to you. Sorry.

What Girls Said 2

• Abort mission. That is some selfish, indecisive bullshit if I ever heard it:

"I don't like you enough to date you, but hang around so no one else can have you and just in case I change my mind, because I DO like you more than a friend but just not enough to date you right now if and until it becomes beneficial to me later."

Fuck all of that. Find a guy that is interested in you enough to not risk letting you go.

• He's almost my age. I was an aimless fuck-up as a kid, and now I'm a successful freelancer with 3 kids, an awesome marriage, and (for now) family breadwinner status.

I'm not bragging, I'm just putting this in perspective. This boy is driftwood. Let him drift on.