Should I give up on her?

I dated this girl who pursued me for about a month. When we hang out she seems into me. We have been texting for about 3 weeks and recently I have been the one to initiate everything. She texts back quickly enough and seems friendly and enthusiastic, but after a few hours the conversation gets boring and she doesn't reply, which leads to me texting her again after a few days.

I tried to give her the chance to initiate, but we went a week without speaking.

Should I take a hint? My friends keep saying I should confront her, but sometimes dating doesn't work out, it should be easy and I think I should quietly let it go. But then I am afraid I will think about it too much and end up texting her.

So what do you think, she texts back quick and is happy to talk, but doesn't initiate? Should I give up?

What Guys Said 1

• Giving up is never the answer. People who give up are the ones who are basically letting the other person win. Tell her how you feel. Communication and understanding is the key to a long and healthy relationship.

• But she is making no effort. I barely know her and I'm not going to lose my dignity to someone who is playing with me.

What Girls Said 1

• If you think she is making zero effort, then give up.

• she made all the effort at the start. i was thinking of just asking her out once more, if she says no i will stop, if she says yes then I will ask her about it when I see her. I keep changing my mind though ugh.