Would you date someone who showed signs of slight neediness and borderline desperation before you became exclusive?

Lets say you have amazing chemistry and physical attraction towards someone you're dating, man or woman, but you're not yet exclusive.

Would you continue to date them if they began to act slightly clingy/needy/desperate?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see why not. I actually enjoy the attention when they are slightly clingy. It helps show how much they care. Anything can be taken too far but as long as it is only slightly then it wouldn't be a problem. It just means they are putting more work into the relationship than they would otherwise be doing.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I would not date someone who showed signs of slight neediness and borderline desperation before we became exclusive. I live a certain type of lifestyle where that behavior would ultimately become a daily problem because I'm constantly on the go with work, traveling, hosting events, planning events, being at meetings for work or the creative collaboration I'm apart of, and dancing *rehearsal time, focusing/harnessing my creativity and passion into that activity for hours at a time*. I'm the worse person for someone needy to date because I often don't have the time available in my schedule to be there whenever they want. I don't always respond to texts or calls immediately because I am busy and away from my phone. So them being needy and desperate would become a nuisance to me and make me feel smothered. It wouldn't work out.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, but set rules mutually on how clingy and needy they can be, especially in public. And attempt to see if she wants to cuddle at mine or her place to get her to be more confident. Because I believe that my girlfriend if she is clingy or needy can break the habit and become more confident and I will see to it she does.

What Girls Said 3

• I honestly can not handle neediness or a clingy man. Desperation normally causes men/women to act out this way. I had a few dates with a man who started showing these signs and at first I brushed it off. But before long he was up my ass about everything. He didn't even want me to talk on my phone without it on speaker because he wanted to know everything that was going on in my life. Then to top it off, when I cut ties with him, he started hanging out with my brothers so he was around 24/7. I simply can not handle it.

• I don't mind they clingy types, I don't like the word needy but it's okay to me if they're expressing themselves. I'd hate it if they weren't showing enough interest.

• Personally, I prefer clingy people. They make me feel wanted , cared about and loved. They also make me feel emotionally safe. I know where I stand with a clingy person. 💞😊