Should I tell him about it?

I am dating this guy and it is getting serious, the thing is I have a dark past and the thing that I did and what happen to me was really horrible. It still affects me and everyone around me today. I'm scared and nervous to tell him because he explain to me before what kind of person he hates and the thing is I was that person. So I don't know if I should tell him about my past. It was something I did when I was a teenager and there were other things that happen from it too. I just don't want to mess up the relationship or anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well people will be telling you the tired old "the past is the past and doesn't matter" when in reality that's bull. The past is what made you into you and it MATTERS. Sure, you may not be the same person anymore but that doesn't change the fact that he deserves to know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honesty is the best policy.. Otherwise be sure your sins will find you out.

What Guys Said 3

• You should be open with him especially if it's something you clearly know it will bother him. Seeing as it affects you and everyone around you (which will start to include him) I think you should tell him and let him make up his mind.

• You're better off to just tell him now before he finds out later

• you should tell him, it's better for both of you tove a relationshipith a person you know. In your case he thinks you are somebody that you aren't so i recommend to tell him as soon as possible and hope for the best, the sooner yotell him the better.

What Girls Said 3

• What is 'the thing' if you don't mind me asking?

• If he's understanding and worth keeping sure.. If not then don't bother.

• You need to keep everything honest. Just rip the bandaid off and tell him now. It will be much easier on both of you if you tell him now. The longer you wait the harder it will be on you both. And if he dumps you then he's not worth it. But if he stays with you then that's great :) hopefully he's a good and understanding guy!
    Good luck :)