Girls, white girls, would you date a non white guy if your parents didn't allow it?

• Yes I would, it's my decision to make
    80% (24)
  • No I wouldn't, I would respect their wishes
    20% (6)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I do what I want.

If I liked a guy who wasn't white then my parents' wishes wouldn't hinder me in dating them.

Heck, my boyfriend IS white and my parents weren't so keen on me dating him lol and 4 years later here we are :p They can deal.

• Do parents not approve of any dates unless they are the exact specification they want?

• Unless she still lives in his house haha

• Nah, I'd say it's still her choice even if she lives with her parents--but it's not something to rub in her parents' faces, since that would just cause unneeded conflict while she still lives with them. Parents have a right to hold opinions and give advice to their kids, but at a certain point it's just that, advice. They can't control her, and it should be up to her to make the final call.

What Girls Said 12

• yeah, of course I would. I have done so with my ex who was Fijian, as well as my current boyfriend who is Asian.
    The relationship involves the guy and myself. No place for my parents so I prefer they keep their opinions to themselves.

• Have your parents ever shown discontent?

• No I mean if your parents told him for example.

• .. if my parents told him to stay away? They would never do that. They never express disapproval in front of him.

• Hehe.

In the year 2016, "not allowing" your daughter to date X = encouraging your daughter to date X.

Let's not be stupid now.

• Duh, of course. My parents' opinion is irrelevant to me.

• It's my life so it's my choice to make. I like guys from every race, I love diversity. The character and the chemistry are the ones that matter

• Oh for sure.

• Yeah I would! It's my life not theirs! They got a chance to love and choose someone, now it's my turn

• I am doing it now

However I am not happy about lying to them

• no I prefer dating men my race

• It's your life, they can't always make rules for you, sometimes you need to get out there and make your own choices

• Yes, I'm big enough. My parents don't have to allow anything.

• Yes i would date.

• Yes white isn't always right.