He wouldn't be loyal to me because I'm too headstrong?

I was talking to this guy I'm messing with and he told me he would date me but he would never be loyal to me because I'm too headstrong. I admit that I can get caught up in my opinion but it's not all the time and it's something I can easily fix. I tried to explain what I thought about it and he said my opinion was irrelevant and I was being headstrong again. I just shut up.

I don't know what to do at this point. I feel like shit and I'm not even worth giving a chance. Is it common for guys to be like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel bad for him actually. How does he plan to deal with any girl on earth?

• I just talked about it to him. I told him breaking up would be easier than cheating because he's playing with the girl's feelings and that hurts. He responds "well breaking up hurts too so why does it matter? And it won't hurt her if she doesn't know."

• He's playing with your emotions. Saying he would date you, to give you vague hope, then throwing in that he wouldn't be loyal.

Stop messing with this dude. Don't try to reason with him or pick his brain as to why he feels this way, just say you can't be wasting time with him, it was fun while it lasted, and then get out of there.

It's important you leave on a positive note, because he doesn't believe you can do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people are not compatible relationship wise.
    Some people are just neat to have their casual fling and move on to relationships with other people.
    If head clashing is starting already and you both aren't even together, maybe a relationship with each other in the future would not be wise.
    Personally, I couldn't be with someone who is straight up telling me they'd probably lie or cheat because they couldn't handle my personality.
    Why not just break up with me?
    That rubs me the wrong way.
    He seems as if he couldn't handle a relationship in the first place.
    Cheating fixes nothing, it only makes matters worse.
    I would personally like a partner that would come to me if I made him feel uncomfortable, not run into the arms of another woman.
    I think you're better off giving someone else your attention in all honesty.
    Someone that will take you seriously.
    There's good and bad in every person.
    There's things that need to be fixed in each and every one of us.
    No one is perfect.
    I think he's just making an excuse not to go further with you, because he still wants to somehow reap the benefits of sleeping with you as long as he can.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah that's definitely not the guy for you. Tell him thank you for applying and you'll be in touch if you want to have a real date with him. Then run away fast.

• I'm just in shock. I've never heard that before. He's dropping me off at home and I'm not talking to him again.

• ... and there was much rejoicing...

You're far better off.

• You can't have a relationship without give and take. If you are the kind who never gives in without a fight and he doesn't like to fight that's an incompatibility.

What Girls Said 2

• Wow, what a gentleman. Seriously though, you can do SO much better

• ok so he's a twat and a cheater? why tf r u still wasting calories talking to this guy

• That's a BS excuse. If he really liked you he could remain faithful. Guys cheat because they want to.. not because a woman makes them. Stop messing with him. Don't think you will change him. Find someone who will appreciate you.