A girl I dated one time dumped me for being "too passive", saying that she preferred a guy with more energy. Any advice to improve?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds familiar. I know so many girls with boyfriends who just did nothing but Netflix and chill or playing games. I would get bored after a while as well if my boyfriend and I never went out or anything.
    So what can you do? Make plans! Take the initiative and plan dates together.

What Girls Said 2

• Well it really depends. If a guy is passive, and won't plan dates or anything, well it honestly gets tiring.

I don't mind simple dates sitting on the couch and watching tv or watching movies. But if he leaves it up to me to contact him and set stuff up all the time, or even just contact him all the time and he won't contact me at all it's rough.

I wouldn't want to be with a guy who puts no effort into the relationship while I do all the work.

If I have to do all the work, I would assume he's not interested in me.

But if you never give suggestions, I would start. If she asks you what you want to do, give her a suggestion. Or take control, tell her if she's free on Saturday that you want to do something. And have something planned. Its nice sometimes if someone takes control once in a while.

• Maybe once in a while, try a new activity. You may find something new you love to do and share that with someone, or if you didn't like it at least you tried it out. If someone says to me I'm too passive, I take it to mean I don't take the initiative. So, maybe try something spur of the moment on occasion?

What Guys Said 2

• Be less passive. Useful advice right? Jk, it means that SHE thought that you were boring. Notice the emphasis on she because unless other people have told you this or that you see it in your self and what to change it, you don't need to change shit just because some ex told you she didn't like something. If she's the only person who had said that amd you don't believe that to be true, then do whatever the hell you want. Just because someone doesn't like something about you doesn't mean that you should change. Change is only needed if many people don't like something or if you don't like something about yourself.

• Snort some blow before your dates.