She's a party girl, I'm an introvert, but we're attached to each other, what do I do?

I tried my best to refrain myself from getting attached to another woman who parties a lot, considering my last relationship ended for that reason. She says that she likes me, a lot, and that she wants us to be a thing, and so do I. But the one thing that gets me is that she parties quite a bit. We're both in college, so it's expected, but I'm more on the introvert side; not that she's an extrovert, but just the thought of her partying with a bunch of frat guys kind of makes me want to turn away and run. What do I do in this type of situation? Do I stay, let her off easy, or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• Give it a shot! Maybe step out of your comfort zone and join her at the party? It could be uncomfortable, but if you like spending time with her, its better then sitting at home wondering what she's doing. And hopefully at some point she'll ditch a party and do something you wanna do.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're probably better off finding a girl that matches your line of interests. Physical attraction and open communication can happen with many girls, you just happened to crack open this can.

If she's a party girl at 18-19, this ride is barely beginning. She'll be on it for another 5-6 years and beyond college. She feeds off of the atmosphere and the attention, and if you go your own way it's only a matter of time before the act gets stale and she vibes with another guy. When drugs and alcohol are involved, expect it sooner rather than later.

This is speculation, but sometimes you have to make these difficult decisions to avoid trouble down the road. In the meantime, you're still 19 and capable of finding a girl you can gel with on a Friday night.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Hey I'm in to the high school version of this situation, except in my case I doubt that she likes me even though she always acts like it (it's a long story, but basically she sends extreme mixed signals). It might just be because I'm very open about giving people a chance which is surprising since I've gotten screwed over plenty of times, but I think that you should give her a chance. Definitely be cautious, but just give it a shot and see what happens. You can never get anything you want in life without taking a risk or a chance unless you want nothing in life. Call me stupid, but I've learned to place my full trust in someone until they prove to me that they are not trustworthy. This doesn't mean that I don't anticipate untrustworthy actions, but I will respect someone enough to believe that they are being honest until they have shown that they aren't to be trusted. Good luck!

• I say give it a shot, provided both of you are willing to bend a little. Try to meet each other half way; you should go to a party or two with her, and she should refrain from the party scene one weekend and spend a quiet night at home with you. If she's not willing to bend at all, that just tells me she's putting her "good time" ahead of you and a possibly solid relationship.

• There are so many girls out there, girls that are amazing and don't party. Go for them. Forget about this one and find another one. Clearly if you're with this girl, you're gonna struggle every time she goes to a party, which is very often.

• Ask her to meet you at a coffee shop and pay for the drinks and chat with her. Get to know her if her attitude doesn't work with yours move one.