Going on a date for the first time in a looong time, need advice quick!

OK, so I have a date (coffee) with this one girl that I went to high school with that also went to college with me, we actually just started texting each other Sunday night, and somehow I pulled off a date with her tomorrow afternoon. So I need advice, first off my shoes look like crap, should I go get new shoes and what kind should I buy, also how dressed up should I be, since my best dress shirt is not that great;

Most Helpful Guy

• Man, first off, forget ALL OF THAT. Yes, women have predetermined expectations. It's not a bad thing to have some nice shoes, nice clothes. But if that's not you than why be that? I tried for years to be who I wasn't. It is said that the person you meet at first isn't who they are, but yet who they want to BE. But sooner or later that shroud you've put up is gonna fall. Just be you, if she's not into YOU, move on. Just be a man and a gentleman, that should be what matters most. Also, let her do the talking but don't let there be lasting silence. Ask questions if there is nothing being said, but let her talk and make all the initiations of further contact. And don't act TOO interested, confidence is sexy. BE CONFIDENT. Good luck man. :)

What Girls Said 2

• I think clean but sporty is the way to go. So jeans, a t-shirt (without any silly sayings or logos) and clean tennis shoes is great. This is a coffee date. You don't need a dress shirt.

• Just be tidy and presentable, Jeans, nice T-shirt, runners, etc. keep casual

What Guys Said 1

• Coffee shop right? What kind of impression do you want to send?

If you want to appear rich, wear a tie and slacks and a dress shirt.

If you want to appear sophisicated, bring the daily newspaper.

If you want to appear responsible, wear slacks and dress shirt.

If you want to appear laid back, wear jeans with tennis

If you want to look like trash, bring a bag of empty cans with you.