Should I ask out this girl again?

I'm very attracted to this girl I know. I asked her out on a date about a few months ago, but she made up excuses to not go, so I decided that she wasn't interested in going out with me. Since then, we've run into each other from time to time. I'm a little puzzled by her behavior. she still seems very friendly towards me and smiles to me a lot, but then again, she's like towards everyone.

If I should get to know her better before asking her out again, how can I do so? I don't see her that often though, and whenever we run into each other, we don't really say that much other than small talk, where she usually just reciprocates questions I ask about her. we hadn't spoken in over a month until today, where I was surprised she remembered something I told her about myself a month ago.

i can't think of any other ways we can spend time together for us to get to know each other better, other than to ask her on a date, since we don't have any friends in common, other than we both know her cousin

i have no idea what she does for fun, other than she likes hip-hop music, and is willing to learn the guitar (I don't like either)

however, one time, she did play foosball with me and someone else we both know

i was thinking of choosing between 3 options:

1. next time I run into her, I could ask if she wants to play foosball with me, to get to know her better

2. get her AIM, since its rare for us to see each other in person, so I can get to know her better

3. just ask her out asap

what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• honestly, if you like her. Ask her out. Be friendly and non-creepy about it and just ask her out for a drink/lunch/whatever! You only live once, someday you will die and when you are laying there you will regret not grabbing these oppertunitys, What;s the worst that could happen? I was in your situation a while back, and I risked being shotdown, looking like a fool and today I'm still with her, the girl of my dreams. Go for it and good luck!

• Look, I know I want to ask her out eventually, its just that I think she rejected me the 1st time since she didn't know me well, and we still haven't really gotten to know each other since then. That's why I suggested getting her AIM or playing a casual game of foosball before asking her out. But you say I should ask her out for a date to dinner instead, right?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Here's a tip: ask her cousin to set up a date where the three of you can meet and hang out. Get to know her and connect with her more so that she's comfortable around you first. Use her cousin as bait.

• The thing is, her cousin is even more studious than her. We hung out once, but ever since, I've tried inviting her to hang out with me a few times, but she was busy each time.

• It also could be that when I tried inviting out her cousin, she really was busy. I mean, once I tried inviting her to hang out with me and someone else, who knew both the cousins. The cousin considered coming but then asked the girl I liked, but she was busy studying, so they decided to not come. Some of my guy friends do the same thing some times, where they consider hanging out with me, then ask one of their friends if they want to join, but then decide not to come if their friend is busy.

• Yes, we guys do that. But when it comes to girl/boy friendship it's different. Why do you suppose her cousin didn't want to come out alone? It may be because she isn't comfortable doing a one on one with you. The reason why I said you missed your chance to ask them when you guys were hanging out in a group is because you could have gotten your answer. You could have read between the lips and see her body action and facial expression.

• Dude just ask her again. Foosball seems like a good idea for a low-pressure way to get to know each other. There is seriously nothing to lose by asking a girl out. It's only when you start getting close to her that real emotions start getting involved and makes things messy.

• Well if I play foosball with her, its not the same as asking her out on a date to dinner or movie, right? Look, I know I want to ask her out eventually, its just that I think she rejected me the 1st time since she didn't know me well, and we still haven't really gotten to know each other since then. That's why I suggested getting her AIM or playing a casual game of foosball before asking her out. But you say I should ask her out to dinner instead, right?

• Based on what one of the other answerers to my question said, I'm starting to doubt that I should ask her out again. Do you agree with this?

• Listen to the other guys, they're probably better at this because I've never had a problem so far with a girl not willing to hang out one on one.