Revenge on a cheater, but was it worth it?

My boyfriend cheated on me a month ago. I chose to stay with him but it was hard. I got super depressed and felt horrible about myself. My ex asked me to hook up a few days ago. I was completely against it at first. Then I decided too. It made me feel as if I wasn't a looser for taking my boyfriend back. I've felt so much more confident since and back to my old self. I hate that I did it too him, but now I can move on from the pain I had.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol stop being such a weak bitch.. "Oh he cheated on me..." "I didn't want to but I did" "Ohh I have no confidence" Now you want to get revenge? Just lol get a grip. Cut this asshole out of your life and don't look back. He's got you exactly where you he wants you. Take it from a guy who sleeps around and has done the same type of shit. Despite the cheating. Girls like you get used for a reason. Wake up. Preparing myself for down votes because of my honesty lol.

If you want to take the.. "You're beautiful he doesn't deserve you.." "You're such a catch" from all your friends than be my guest. In my opinion you acting like a weak little bitch though.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it was not worth it. It was a temporary fix to a permanent problem. What you did was reduce your own sense of integrity, tact, and loyalty in order to be spiteful. It would have been better for you to simply walk away and not dignify him with your presence rather than doing something that you may not be proud of. Now you're just as bad as your boyfriend :/

Please just leave him and don't allow him to break your heart then make a heartbreaker out of you too. This guy is no good. He's only going to damage your collective value system along with your healthy self-esteem as a woman.

What Guys Said 19

• so you lowered yourself to his level? hopefully lowering yourself to the level of action that you dislike doesn't make you feel good about yourself.

• So too wrongs makes it all come right? You've lowered yourself to his level.

Why stay together? You clearly are not completely in love with each other.

• Aaaaaaaaand you're a scum like him.

• 'An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind'.

• If you hated it, then it wasn't worth it.

• Okay so break up with him now I think it's not a healthy thing to keep up in this relation

• I suppose you've got it out of your system and you're even stevens, but part of me thinks you'll both do it again now. I mean, can you really trust him after that? Can he really trust you?

• Completely not worth it. You are him are the same now, just a bunch of cheaters.

• haha wow my generation is filled with spineless bitchez

• You shouldn't have stooped down on his level.

Best thing is you break up with him, wait 3 months then hook up with a better guy.

• why are you in a relationship and also did he tell you he cheated

• The things you females do and see as being okay baffles me

• Nice. If I got cheated on, then I would cheat, too.

• U lost ur card and innocence in the situation... u are no better than him now

• Your boyfriend was a cheater and now, you are too. Congratulations!

• Kudos to you for sinking to the same despicably low level as your boyfriend and somehow finding a way to actually feel better about yourself as a result.

• Didn't you just answer your own question? You said you could move on from the pain... so it was worth it for you.

I feel like you have some esteem issues to work out yourself though. Typically, someone would not feel better from that. They might THINK they would... but at the end of the day... would not. Think about what you thought about your boyfriend when he did that... why would you want to be that person? I would argue with madhatters4 and say you just didn't lower yourself to his level, you were always at his level. You just needed the right situation to show it. Don't act like you're above him.

• If you get pregnant with your ex what will you do?

• So you brought yourself down to his level and now you're both cheaters and you're staying together and you feel great?

What Girls Said 10

• Congrats, now you're just as bad as your ex boyfriend, if not worse. You did exactly what he did, only that you did it purely to spite him.
    ... way to continue the cycle.
    http://i.imgur.com/fx4xGsk.gif

• Here, we have
    #1, Slept with ex
    #2, Confidence back up

These things, as things, are not unusual. But it'd be weird for one of them to cause the other.

I mean, okay, I was kind of slutty as a teenager, lol. Confidence went up and down quite a bit. But, really not much relationship there.

I am only one data point, but I know lots and lots and lots of girls. And lots of them have very serious confidence issues, among others. And lots of them fuck a lot.
    But, **none** of them have ever told me that sex GAVE them confidence. At least not anywhere near your age, anyway.

Cause/effect? Do you think?

Don't know, girl. Don't know.

Relationships are complicated. People fuck up. I have plenty of tolerance for fuck-ups. I draw the line with liars, though. Nope. No lies.
    You don't need to volunteer anything. (Hi, haters!) But don't lie.

Did he fuck another girl AND LIE about it? Or did he just fuck another girl. Because those are worlds apart. Worlds apart, girl.

• So wait you cheated on your boyfriend making you just as bad as him? Two wrongs don't make a right I'm afraid.

• Are you still with your boyfriend? If so, then that is wrong. As the old cliche goes, "two wrongs don't make a right".

• Now you both cheated. Your relationship is fuckep. Find someone else and don't cheat again. If you get cheated on again, just break up.

• You just lowered yourself to his level... you basically made it okay for him to make you feel horrible in the first place. That relationship should probably end because it's going to become a vicious circle of cheating on each other.

• Why are you even in that relationship? Move on. I do not understand staying with someone you're so obviously not happy with and who isn't fulfilling your needs.

• So what exactly is your question here? You know it was a bad thing to do and your feelings about it correspond. Congratulations you're scum like him?

• If you were able to move on, then it's fine/justified.

• Savage👏👏😎😎😎 now you can leave you boyfriend