Would you date a girl you aren't psychically attracted to?

Just wondering.

Most Helpful Girl

• No! I can't! i tired that and no! Just no!

• I tried it, too. I don't believe people comprehend just how miserable it is.

• @Bluemax I mean he was a nice guy but I didn't like him! And I asked him out! I was holding his hand! Good thing he was intersted in me either!

What Guys Said 56

• If I'm not attracted what would be the point?

• At the end of the day its a 50/50 thing. She has to be physically attractive from the outside, but also from the inside. I dont see myself with someone that is not attractive from the outside but pretty from the inside. At the same time why be with someone that is gorgeous from the outside but ugly from the inside? Its a 50/50 thing to eventually make up the whole 100% in general.

• No I wouldn't. That wouldn't be fair to either of us.

Anyway, I have a very broad range of what I can find attractive, so it's highly unlikely I'd like a girl but not be attracted.

• Done it, and will never do it again, I couldn't look past her looks.

• No way for me

• A long time ago I did date a woman I wasn't physically attracted to. I liked her and she was a very pleasant person. However, there was no kissing or sex of course. I think with time she sensed this and was kind of standoffish after 6 months or so. So I told myself I wouldn't do it again. // Very nice lady I must say. To this day, when she sees me in town she smiles big and is very friendly.

• I seriously believe that women are wired differently to men. A man may not be attractive to a woman physically but he can become more attractive through his personality or other attributes which can make him attractive to her. But for a man i think this can't work, even if the woman has a great personality or other attributes, if the man does not find her physically attractive at the begining then nothing will change for him. He will either just see her as a friend or just try and maybe have casual sex with her if he is desperate. But let me say that all women are attractive but are considered attractive to different kinds of men.

• probably not, but like Ellie Goulding said, "Anything could happen", so we'll see.

• No I would not we can be friends thats all

• Of course not. There has to be physical attraction. But that being said, i don't have outrageous standards. You don't have to be a super model to impress me.

• I would only date a girl who I am 'psychically' attracted to. But im not sure if anyone is really 'psychic' so just the physical and emotional and mental for now.

• Depends, there are so many relationships that start off as 'hes not my type or she's not my type' to later on feel this intense connection. Eventually you see the beauty that you didn't initially see.

I think if you can find the person looks good BUT is not your type - that would work
    If you are 0% not attracted to them - probably won't ever work

There has to be some level of attraction for even a fighting chance.

• The reality is many men can't attract the women they they want and so settle. Many men are with women that they love but don't find attractive. So it's a resounding yes for most men despite what they say. Nobody will admit their flaws.

• never again

not only was she not really pretty but she was also boring and had no humor

haha @ 15 year old me

• What made her boring?

• she never talked, she never put in any effort towards the relationship and that's weird cuz she was the one who liked me and got her friend to tell me.

I gave her a chance and she failed badly

• As much as personality is most important... no... if I'm not physically attracted... no.

• No, that would be similar to dating a man or even another species for me. I would be doing it for companionship without attraction. I would rather just be friends in that situation.

• Do you mean "physically"?

If that's what you mean, then no. I was in a relationship with someone I wasn't physically attracted to. It was awful. I will never do that again.

If you really mean psychically, I see no evidence of psychic powers.

• Probably not.

• Probably not. At first, I would say I might. But the fact is that it may not last long, I'm not sure I'd want to waste my time if I know already that it won't last. Who knows for sure, though? Maybe I will.

• did that a few times. i have no intentions though xD i kind of use it as dating training... is that too cruel?

• in order for me to DATE a girl and willing to be serious with her, she needs to completely attract me physically and mentally. meaning i need to love the way she looks AND her personality.

for girls, a great personality on a guy could make up for his not so good looks... but with guys its completely the opposite.

i've girls who i'm not that physically attracted to, but were willing to have sex and i liked their personality. so i kept them around as a hookup only. nothing more

• " for girls, a great personality on a guy could make up for his not so good looks... but with guys its completely the opposite."

Yet guys say girls are more shallow lol

But nah not really if we aren't attracted to him it isn't happening. Not for most of us

• @RachelBrigs attraction is 2 things, physical and emotional. men are psysical beings. meaning, when they see a hot girl there is pretty much nothing she can say that will make her not want to fuck her. yes she can say things that are unattractive, but we will still want to fuck her.

for girls, YES it is harder for a not so good looking guy to get a girls attention and attraction. but if she gets to know him, and he has good things going for him and is a good guy and not a push over.. she will pick him over the great looking guy who has a little less to offer.

• hell nahhhh

• Do you mean emotionally? Or physically?

Physically attracted to: No, she needs to be hot.
    Emotionally attracted to: No, because I don't date.

• No. not really.

• LOL!!! XD It's like you trying to catch fish with no bait on an empty hook. It requires bait that will attract it. The fish isn't going to just jump into your boat, LOL!

• It would depend. If I think I think that it might be possible that attraction develops and that the person had a great personality then sure.

• No I would not.

• If she had big boobs and was average or average with a nice personality then yes.

• Sure but her personality has to be endearing.

• Things are a bit weird for me. I don't find my girlfriend physically attractive, but I am physically attracted to her.

Her personality and quirks make me attracted to her physically, instead of her body.

• No I wouldn't honestly

• More from Guys
    26

What Girls Said 9

• Nope, a mutual physical attraction plays a very important part in a relationship. And with very important I mean VERY important lol..

• The only time I can imagine a guy logically doing this is to cover up something about his lifestyle he doesn't want others to know. I know of a guy who does this, and he's a pedophile.

• I think when the mind falls in love with something it sees without the eyes, the eyes will follow the mind.

I am not the most attractive girl, but I am kind of clever and good hearted and I try, and a lot of guys seem to have picked that over girls with gorgeous bodies and pretty faces.

• yes because personalities is what makes people attractive to me.
    so if i liked her personality then shed be attractive to me

• It would not end well. I don't think so.

• I don't know man... I don't know

• Men will not date her but they will fuck her

• I think you mean "physically".

"Psychically" means "in the manner of a psychic".

• yeah, sorry, English is not my native language.. But I think that people picked up what I mean :P