I am 17 can I date a girl that's 14?

We text a lot and she is very funny and we get along great and love to talk. So would it be okay to date her?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• eh... maybe, if you don't pressure her into having sex with you. If you are even thinking about sex before she is 18 you need to check the laws in your location. In some places it is illegal for you to have sex before she is 18, and the consequences could be severe.

What Girls Said 16

• I wouldn't recommend it because you will be graduating soon, and she's just starting her high school years. However if you get along only time will tell!

• yeah, you can

• My ex-classmate dated a 18 year old guy when she was 14. They married when she was 20 and now they have a kid. She's 22 now, by the way.

Love has no age, right?

• Has she even hut puberty?

• Yes she has

• Well maturity level she isn't there but I honestly don't know what your intentions are. Plus it says 18-24 so if you're older then nahhh leave the girl alone

• She's jail bait 😒

• You can, but it doesn't mean you should.

• Yes.. But be ready for any criticism you might get from dating her.

• I don't think you should date her. I believe you guys should stay good friends for a few years and allow each other to grow and then make your decison. You both are young and trying to find yourselves.

• She's to young for you brah

• I think the question should be reversed.

can a 14 yo girl date a 17-24 man?

• Dude tbh it's kinda weird but hey if that's what you want to do go for it.

• Yeah.. Why not?

• Yeah it's your relationship

• Lol at you being 17 but your age says 18-24
    Don't be a pedophile

• Uhm no way too immature

• Sure that's fine

What Guys Said 13

• No man, sort it out!

• Pedo Olympics?

Nah, I'd rather not. Wait till you guys are older then it would be good good 😘👌

• There's nothing wrong with that, as long as it stays modest, she's a bit young for the more adult stuff.

• Bad idea, what are you going to do? Wait until she's 16 and you're 19?

It's predatory behavior, get a grip.

• lol at people here saying she's not ready for adult stuff. I remember my middle school days like they were yesterday and everybody around age 13/14 were talking about their sexual experiences. She's not a little girl anymore, but still that doesn't mean she's mature enough for you. Whether the relationship will work out or not depends on the maturity levels of both of you. So if you love each other go for it

• I wouldn't, man.

• No. Don't do it.

• yes but I wouldn't recommend it

• my brother did that It seemed fine

• ask her if she like you more than friend first.

• Are you gonna have sex with her?

• The boys in prison are gonna love you. Mhmm. They gonna make you squeal real good. just like they do with all pedophiles.

in other words dude, just stay away from here. There are SO many other women out there your age. just wait until she's 18 or something.

• It depends on what country you are from and what the age of consent is.

In any case, I would only say yes if you can keep yourself from having sex until she is old enough, both legally AND emotionally, to have consensual sex.

• Whatever you do, don't take advantage of her. She is still a child.