Do men respect women who kiss on the first date?

Or would you prefer she wait? I know men are quick to label a woman a wh*re. So, when's the right time to kiss?

Most Helpful Girl

• soi the girl and the guy kiss, then the guy decides the girl is a whore.. does the guy think the guy is a whore or just the girl? if he just thinks the girl is a whore than he's a bigot and you do well to dump him.

you should always kiss a guy when you want and see how he reacts. if its negative, he does not respect you. which makes him not boyfriend material. not you not girlfriend material.

If you are as decent person and he does not respect you. he has issues. kissing a not disrespect or resentment worthy especially if he's joining in. i mean c'mon how irrational can a person get on a date.

What Guys Said 12

• Kiss or not, it really shouldn't matter. I think in many cases, especially where you have some familiarity with each other before the date, a kiss is the green light to ask for a second. I am not by any means saying this is required for the relationship to progress, but I do think it may be wise if you don't to give some other indication that you enjoyed the date and want to see the person again if you are hoping for there to be a second date.

• It depends... I don't label as a wh*re at all but I personally am more attracted to a girl that doesn't kiss on the first date... although, I did date a girl for over a year and we kissed on the first date. Other than that, I don't even try for a kiss on the first date no matter how much money I spend.

• Really depends on the TYPE of kiss, I suppose. And when. There's a big difference between a girl who's all over you from jump, and a girl who simply gives you a shy kiss goodnight.

• she can't be all over you without your partcipation.., so do you think you're a whore?

• @Azara Heh... you really think a woman requires a man's participation to get aggressive?

• Well I wouldn't label a woman a whore regardless unless she genuinely did act, dress like one.

But I mean it would depend on the type of kiss I suppose, I mean there are differences between em.

• Depends on the type of kiss, but generally a peck on the cheek or a nice 5 second kiss at the end is great. It just shows you had a good time and would be open to meeting again - I can't think of a guy who would label a girl a whore for a short kiss after a date. To me the right time is at the end of the first or second date. Third at the latest, and you are really pushing your luck once you approach 3rd-4th date territory with no kiss.

• I would say she is a fine judge of character... I'd respect her irrespective of whether she kisses me or not

• Im gonna be honest its hard to respect women at all,
    I show respect because I want respect, but our thoughts of respect for women are different from you're

• I don't know why any guy would.

• If you are thinking about labels, you doing it wrong

• Not labels. Perception. If a girl really likes a girl, it is important how he perceives her. It will determine if the relationship has potential in going anywhere.

• If you're not interested in this discussion, why comment. I'm not over thinking. I asked a question and you barely answered.

• yea I do "respect" them

• Honestly, a kiss at some point during the first date is usually the go-ahead to ask for a second date. If I don't get one I will assume I just misread the rest and she wasn't actually into me.

• Why am I paying for you if I don't even get a fucking kiss?

• explain why so many men are transforming into women before our very eyes? i. e Caitlyn Jenner/

• be quiet

• Most guys I know aren't even interested in a second date if there is no kiss on the first date. It is how a lot of guys gauge if the woman is actually interested in him. If a girl likes a guy enough she won't have any problem kissing him. If she doesn't like him enough on the first date for one little kiss, there clearly isn't enough chemistry to bother with a second date.

• I disagree. It's about comfortability too. Of course I would want to kiss him but I'm shy and don't make a move until I'm sure he feels the same. Also some girls may feel it's too soon

• Its fine for you to disagree, but a lack of a kiss is more likely to drive him away, than for a kiss to cause him to lose respect for a girl.

What Girls Said 4

• If a guy lost any respect for me because I kissed him on the first date... he must've not had much respect in the first place. Plus places way too much importance on insignificant things like that.
    ... NEXT!

• I know right? I thought people usually end the first date with a kiss...

• @DBAOracle agreed. I'd only agree to go on a date with a guy who I'm 99% I'm feeling so a kiss seems harmless. Witholding something so simple and not overly intimate would sound like a lot of games in the future plus misplaced priorities if someone holds their value in how long they can dangle the first kiss like bait. :/

• I'd like to know this too

• I hope they do

• I think that if you have gotten to know each other for a while and finally went on a date then a kiss would be okay. Don't take it too far and always leave him wanting more ;)