Guys, Should I just give up hope?

my boyfriend and i have been dating for 6 weeks. things moved really fast, he asked if we could slow down and i agreed just cause we moved so fast. He and my mom and my best friend got into a huge fight. since then he has been distant and is always "busy" so he can't come see me. I really care about him. And he has told me muliple times he cares about me a lot and doesn't want to breakup and that he misses me. Today when we talked he told me the same thing and the he has been getting more hours at work. I asked him but he's at work and might not get to answer me till later but i asked him "if you care about me and want to be with me and not breakup then why are you letting what anybody says change your mind about being together?" he told me a few days ago he doesn't want there to be a never ending battle. But I still believe that if you care about someone why listen to other people and let them change your mind. Am I crazy for thinking this or has he already given up on us? Am i the only one who believes that he shouldn't listen to my mom or my friend just because they dont like him?

1

What Guys Said 1

• If you care about someone, you want the best for them. Being alienated from family is not what you want for your partner, and you do not want to be the cause of that. MAYBE that is what he is thinking about.

• my friend isn't a very good friend so if i lost contact with her thats no big deal. but my mom and i are close he and i being together isn't going to alienate me from her. my mom won't even talk to him. i just want him to believe me.

• and for the sake of me.

• For the sake of all involved, but especially for the sake of your unborn child.