Guys and girls who dont care about physical appearence when dating, what made you all not care about it?

Im just a teenager, and Im really curious, how do people not care about physical appearence when it comes to dating? I know all the inner beauty thingy, but I really want to know like how you guys and girls NOT CARE about physical appearence? How?

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt there are many people who don't care about looks what so ever, but how important looks are may differ per person. Especially minor "flaws" (big nose/ears, receding hairline, etc) are often more easily overlooked by people.

Assuming you're looking for something more than a fling or hook-up, physical appearance is just a part of the greater picture. You can only click so much with a shallow airhead 10/10 looking person without any desirable or positive personality traits, for instance.

I care little about physical appearance. As long as it's not extremely bad and she has a good/complementing personality, I'd date her.

It's probably a side-effect of thinking I was ugly for the longest time (as an average man, getting compliments about your physique is almost non-existent), which made me focus on personality as that's something I did deem decent about myself. I knew that even if ugly, I had something to offer.
    Even though I'm now aware I'm average looking due to events, I still hold personality very highly. I'd rather spend my time with a kind someone with whom I can relate and connect even if she's "below average" in looks, than some 9/10 looking woman with plenty of negative traits and a negative presence all-round. Looks are an extra to me.

Some people may claim I'm a "barrel scraper" for not focusing on looks, but looking past looks has resulted in making several friends and getting to know some great people.

Furthermore, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol for me I've dated guys who I was initially attracted to coz of looks and for me there was nothing else to it. Like I couldn't have a conversation with him or her just didn't interest me. He usually wasn't the type of guy I liked personality wise. Now my current man who is now my fiancĂ©... I was not really attracted to him the way he was to me. I thought he was average looking but I fell for his personality and sure enough we fell in love and here we are. Having fallen in love with him he is now the most attractive man in my eyes

What Guys Said 5

• Ya those are people that don't make it too far in life in my opinion.

• Men who say this are either liars or barrel scrapers that take whatever they can get.

• Physical appearance is always important to a degree, you have to be clean, but when you're in a relationship you tend to relax a bit and accept each other for what you are.

• We all care about it, but some care less than the others. Some just let the others think that they don't care about it to make you think he/she is a good guy/girl.

• Nothing MADE me not care. I just never did.

What Girls Said 6

• In basically all cases, my opinion of someone's physical appearance always changes once I get to know them. I know that even if I find someone not particularly attractive, if they have a nice personality, then their flaws become cute and attractive. Overall though I've never given much thought to looks anyway. A beautiful personality really does make a person look physically beautiful to me. And in turn, someone with a bad personality makes them look ugly to me as well.

• Honestly it isn't that we dont care about looks it more has to do that we have an idea of what type of guy or girl we want personility wise so a lot of us who find that automatically find that person to be attractive even if they are not attractive to someone else.

• I'm shallow most of the time but a hot person will stop being hot when they say something stupid. I don't like airheads

• I dunno. I just really like a persons personality. When I get to know you, I fall for that.

• You have to have some physical attraction

• If this other person makes you feel good about yourself and is a caring and sweet person who understands and supports you and likes you for who you are, then what does it matter if he doesn't have the perfect body, a receding hairline or a bigger nose?