Girls, Was I in the right for blocking a guy?

So there was this guy I liked that I met a year ago. About a year ago he asked me on a date but eveything kind of fizzled out so there was no second date immediately after. However every now and again he would say we should hangout but those plans never materialized. So for awhile I just had him as a friend on Facebook and snapchat that I didint talk to. This year he started to try to talk to me again and he actually asked me on a date and he seemed serious about it. So I agreed to go on the date, I had a great time and and the end of the date he kissed me goodbye. But afterwards again I felt like he was ignoring me and it was a week later that he posted a snap story where he had went out with a group of friends and there was this girl he said was his "date". I don't know if it was an actual date or just some girl that was there becuase like I said he was with a group of friends. But anyway that snap story made me angry and I decided I was tired of his crap, so I blocked him on snapchat and deleted his number. Any time he would try to talk to me it was mostly by snapchat. I still have him as a Facebook friend becuase I think Facebook isn't as personal and it's not like he every sent me a message through it. and Facebook still gives me a way to post things to show him that I'm not moping around and am happy. I've heard some people say that taking the time to delete someone on social media is petty and shows you're immature, was I?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's petty and immature to remove someone, no. Especially after they've been acting flaky and/or shady, as well as hot and cold. But what's kind of petty and immature is that you still feel the need to rub it in his face that you're fine without him. I honestly don't think this guy cares so why bother thinking like that?

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think you were being immature or petty I think you were trying to save yourself from the heartache and pain that he was causing you from being with other girls and not you, and you didn't want to see it anymore thats probably why you did it and to be honest I probably would have done the same thing.

• People seem to believe blocking is to make the person react. I blocked my ex bfs because it was hard to see their feeds and stories. It is not immature at all. You need though to get over it. It's ok to post whatever you feel like on FB, but not to show him that you feel fine even if he's not around, but really because you feel fine.

• t's not immature it's completely normal for a person to react that way. I think you did the right thing by doing so, he let you down a couple of times and now you're done. Good! This sound very much like what happened to me recently actually. I saw the girl, deleted him from snapchat and everything except for Facebook. I don't care if he thinks it's immature, I was done.
    I hope this guy you speak of will learn his lesson now.