A polite way to say no?

A guy I know asked if I would like to go for a drink with him sometime but I'm not really sure, so I was going to say no, but I don't want to seem rude. I live near him and I don't want things to become awkward when we see each other. What's a polite way of saying no?

Most Helpful Guy

• No thanks. It's going to be awkward either way it goes.

• Why?

• That makes me feel rather shitty. I have anxiety and I don't think I'm in the kind of position to be going out with people right now. Would it sound bad if I said "not right now, but maybe some other time"?

• No. That's leaving hope. He'll keep coming back. Just say no thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• there isn't a polite way, just the honets way. Just say no, don't be rude, jus honest.

What Guys Said 8

• " I am sorry. I dont want to lead you on but I do not like you in that way. "

• "Thanks for the offer. I'm flattered but not interested in you in that way."

• A simple no would do, you can say no while giving an innocent smile,

but anything more than that , would give the guy a wrong idea.

• He asked me on Facebook so I can't really do that..

• One of the reasons you should quit facebook.

• Just say that you'd rather not, because you only go for drinks with someone you would date.

• Say to him: "I don't feel like going out these days; i hope that you find someone better. Sorry."

• No thanks or sorry I'm busy.

• Tell him that you are not interested

• lonerider... Spot on.

There isn't a polite way... only a less mean way. If you're polite... it will backfire... especially if your neighbors. Tell him you're not interested in him in that way.

What Girls Said 2