Could a hook up turn into something more? or is it doomed from the start if you have sex with someone on the first few dates?

We're 21, in college, just wondering if hook ups ever turn out to be something more...

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife practically jumped me on the dance floor. We had sex after our first actual date.

Having sex sooner made absolutely no difference to me. What mattered was her character, it took time to be sure of that. The girlfriends I'd had before almost all also had sex with me on the first or second date, I didn't drop them because of that but because their personality wasn't one I could see myself raising a family and spending the rest of my life with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely I think so, I've had two serious past relationships in my life that both lasted almost 3 years, they both began as hook ups and casual hook ups, took about 4 months till we dated for the first one and the second one about 2 months.

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't say it's 'doomed', but the chances of hookups turning into more are pretty slim. I wouldn't bank on that happening.

• Depends on the individuals.

What Girls Said 3

• It's possible but not easy to make

• It depends if both people want a relationship with one another, then they could make it work. But if one person wants a relationship and the others, then there's no point.

• College relationships in general never really last
    Definitely not a hookup
    Most guys only expect sex in college which is why I am dreading going back to college

• I never hooked up in college but I had guys ask