I got this guy's number last week and I'm freaking out because he agreed to hang out when I called him. Why am I reacting this way?

I was taking a break from dating, most guys who i talked to were jerks and assholes. so i met this guy last week and we exchanged numbers.

So i called him and he agreed to hang out, but i do not have a job right now. He is a college student and im freaking out because even if i had money i care the way others would percieve us if we hang out because he is Asian and im black and white and its really rare, and he is from a different country and it usually seems like Asians only date Asians or white people

my friend told me that where she works there is a customer who is black with a Asian husband and they have kids but its still rare

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea, but you need to chill. What are you worrying about not having a job for? He's going to be paying if you go out I'd hope.

Screw what others think about the racial stuff. It's about to be 2016. My ex wife and I were a mixed race couple. Guess what? No one cared. If you like him, and he likes you, who gives a rats ass if someone else likes it or not. You don't require their approval. As long as you approve of you and your decisions who cares if others do? Good luck. Hope it works out for you two.

• well he does not know that i have no job

• Like I always say, if you can fix it, fix it. If you can't, don't worry about it, there's nothing you can do to change it and worrying won't help anyway.

• i had a job but i left it in December and i am in the process of looking for a job

Most Helpful Girl

• Who cares.. its 2015 almost 2016. We see people of color dating all the time

• I don't have a job though
      I asked him to hang out
      I don't know what I was thinking
      I just want to get to know him and see if he likes me

• How did it go?

• He is out of town still, he told me the last time we called that we should hang out before he goes back to college. I texted him today and I just decided to be honest with him. I told him that I want to hang out with him but I am unemployed and broke. I told him that we can hang out when I get some money. I also called him but he did not answer and I don't think he has voicemail, so the phone just kept ringing

What Guys Said 2

• Go for it. Pay no attention to what others would think. This life is yours.
    You can't let the opionions of others dicate your life.
    You won't know unless you give it a chance.

Wish you the best.

• You're overreacting. Take it easy. Deep breaths.

He agreed to go out with you. That means he is interested as is. The best thing you can do now is to figure out what to do on your date - since you asked that is your job - and then enjoy yourself. It is a strangely well kept secret but as long as you are having fun on a date, it is almost guaranteed the other person is too.

What Girls Said 0