Guys, Is being short a turn-off?

Lately I've been feeling pretty down because of my height. Im a 5"2 female, no surprize as both of my parents are 5"6, and its never been a problem to me, until my peers grew into their limbs and started pointing it out and teasing me. I feel unconfident when talking to a tall person, mostly because theyre towering over me and i hate looking up to someone while they look down. Its really not that big of an issue, just really messing with my self-esteem. and i suppose some people think its "cute", but is being cute enugh for a guy to approach me? I know being confident is attractice, but how can i when im too busy feeling second-hand embarrasment for the guy walking next to me because i look like his child.

10

Most Helpful Guy

• Attractiveness wise there's nothing wrong with it. But I'm 6'3 so I'd probably have trouble dating a girl with that much of a height difference. It'd be awkward trying to hug kiss or any physical affection while we're both standing. I imagine short girls wouldn't like the awkwardness anymore than I would. Most guys would have 0 problems with your height though.

What Guys Said 9

• Hell no! I know tons of guys that love short girls. It's more of a disadvantage to be short for us guys cause I'm only 5'7 and all of the girls want 6'0 guys these days.

• I used to have a major preference for short girls cuz i thought it was adorable, but I've been starting to care less and less. Being 5'6, a guy my height isn't exactly desirable--so I'll take whatever i can get...

In other words, i wouldn't have a problem with your height if you were willing to overlook mine.

• Not to me. I married a 5'2" gal. Smaller gals are easier to carry to the bedroom or have standing sex with... I always wanted to try the standing 69 but haven't gotten to yet. With a bigger gal, that simply will not happen!

• i don't care about height, i like both tall and short girls.

• no. the good thing is: you can go for the shorter guys xD unlike those really tall girls.

• Not for me. I think some short girls are very cute

• I found this really attractive and sexy. Short girls are mostly smart and attractive so it's absolutely fine at least to me

• Not a turn off to me.

• Nope not at all. The face is more important than height.