Where do I find mature, and serious men?

I seriously cannot handle high school fuck boys anymore lol. But I have no idea where to look for some nice older men. College? Football games? Bars? Lmao I just have no idea where I'm supposed to find someone that's worth it anymore. I'm almost 18 and I'm done playing games. Just looking for suggestions

Most Helpful Guy

• You could go for guys a few years older than yourself. The age factor isn't such a big deal considering you will be 18 soon, and free to make life decisions involving older men.

My advice for the short term would be to scope out guys that take school seriously. Maybe I'm biased, but the level of maturity in a guy can be measured in how much pride he takes in work that isn't revered by his peers, such as studying and developing his core principles in life. It's harder than it seems, because students who get pushed hard by their parents aren't necessarily going to have this quality.

You want guys who display an intrinsic drive for success, because they are willing to cut the bullshit in order to achieve it.

• You know what I've thought about that too! And I think you're right, thank you

• Thanks, once you start measuring maturity based on their attitude towards school, it'll be easy to spot boys who are worth your time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being young you'll constantly run into those "fuck boys", you just have to go out of your element and places where you haven't been before create new friend groups and hang out with other people

What Guys Said 18

• So I should tell you if you want legitimate mature guys don't get your hopes up too high when you go to college. Basically the same behavior that some guys do that you hate is only amplified 10x in university. There are guys probably in your school that are what you look for. You just don't come across them. A lot of guys that aren't looking for a quick fuck aren't the most confident when they're young. It kind of sucks but yeah the only guys that you actually want are probably the ones that never try to talk to you out of shyness. You simply have to just tough it out until you meet a guy that is nice. Bars clubs and football games are probably not the places where you'll meet guys like that. Just try and meet and make as many friends as you can in college and then hopefully you can meet a guy through a friend who knows what you're looking for in a guy.

• First of all, I know it's obvious, but wait until you're 18 first. No decent guy will give you time of day if you're under 18. That being said, even if you are 18, if the guy is really mature, he still may think you're too young for him. I myself prefer girls in their late 20's and I'm only 24. Still, there is hope. High school is weird... trust me, once you leave that place as long as you are sociable you'll start meeting some great people. I don't know how much dating experience you have, but just be careful about dating older guys. They're smart and have been around the block. If you aren't emotionally prepared for something like that, you may end up getting hurt in the long run.

• I suggest looking in a few different churches. If you want some older guys join a few young adults groups.

• You may be better off with older guys, just don't do it before you turn 18. Once you get to college your potential waiting pool will skyrocket.

• You should try church!

• Older boys aren't any better. They'll see a young woman as someone they can easily pressure. And the guys who are actually decent are not going to date an underage girl, or someone who isn't even old enough to drink.

• the first decent guy on here to be honest. too many people foolishly encourage yound girls to go for older guys that are just taking advantage of them.

• You're not old enough to drink yet, but a wine bar or a convention.

• ur only 17. ur young, ur a kid. I'm 25 and haven't found miss right…hold ur horses.

• lol, guys will always act like 5 year olds. you're better off being single for life. even my dad who's almost 60 acts like a 10 year old most of the time.

• Hmmm I been asking myself for years were do I find mature woman, and my definition of mature is 30+ since there down with games bullshit which I desperately hate with all my heart.

And then I found the answer. Everywhere really.

• Dress posh, you'll attract older types.

Google places in your local area too see who they attract.

• If you dont run into any good men, then you're obviously hanging around in the wrong parts of society. Not much you can do about that besides getting smarter.
    Get smarter and you'll meet smarter men.

• well for one you're I7 I doubt you know what serious is, but since you asked ill send you a message in a few minutes you take it from there, my advice be careful and im being serious be careful

• Ok I'm here 😶?
    😂😂😂
    Sorry I ain't mature cause Santa 🎅 told me not to :P

• I think I'm mature. I'll date you.

• I understand how you feel. I am tired of all the stupid games and pointless drama.

What Girls Said 6

• Good question. I'm 21, so I'm still kind of in that younger age-bracket (as I'm sure many people will be pointing out to you:) First of all, some girls really ARE attracted to older men. They can't help it... they just are. If that's you, you'll need to sit back and try to realize that there will be an age gap. And with that comes some differences. Older men will probably be taking life much more seriously than in school and will have life and goals a bit more figured out. What this means is they need to be attracted to qualities in you that match theirs. Look honestly at yourself and who others perceive you to be - if you're pretty mature and feel like others see you that way, then you probably have some strengths and possibilities for attraction. But if it's the opposite, I would suggest learning how to gain more of a serious perspective on life and what YOU want - then you'll have a better idea, when that guy comes along. But, most of all... don't lose hope - age-difference relationships have pretty much been the historical norm.

• Guys do not mature in college... I know more fuckboys in college than high school.__. Definitely not bars, most guys there are looking for hookups... You'll find a nice mature guy when the time comes. :)

• The grocery store. Then you can peek in their cart and know how serious they are about life. Like hot pockets and beer usually a red flag. T. p. And reality items means keeper.

• what is with all these kids talking about fuckboys? kids nowadays are seriously fucked up.

• when you start college, things will change.

• Maybe when you become mature and serious they will find you.