Dating. Do you use dating websites?

As a nerd geek/ what ever I am trying out online dating so lets see who else has tried it.

Also for fun if you do. Tell some good stories or horror stories :p.

• In A relationship/Don't use
  • OkCupid
  • Pof
  • Tinder
  • other/multiple
  • See results.
Also whats up with every one using dog pictures or must love dogs? Are you setting up dogs for a date or people?
How I would describe them are. There is no such thing as a dating site. Only a meet people site. As people don't jump from a stranger to a boy/girlfriend over night. All they do is increase the chance of you liking who you meet. You should still go and meet them

Most Helpful Girl

• I did use some dating sites. I actually paid for Match, and that was a bust. Then I tried OK Cupid and PoF, nothing from there, either.

Not really horror stories (except for a stage 5 clinger), but most of the guys messaging me were almost all the same. Some didn't bother with a hi, just "Let's have sex" "you down for sex" type of messages. My profile stated relationship and I said no to hook-ups.

A few guys seemed ok, but they told me they were dating 3-5 other women already and if I'd be ok with that. I just told them good luck! No hard feelings towards them, I'm just not in to that. When they started repeating the same few questions they already asked me, that's when I knew it's not for me. I want care and attention, just like I'd give my date. I don't want to be just another woman/notch in the belt type of thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Leaving exceptions, I don't buy the whole online dating thing. First of all, it isn't exactly transparent. People give you an idea of who they want to be, not who they are. Secondly, I feel like dating websites are monopolized by women... Check the number of guys hitting on one woman. Its crazy... Scores of them literally. Lastly meeting online just doesn't feel the same as when you introduce yourself for the first time where you've absolutely no knowledge about the person. Its more interesting... To say the least. So no, online dating isn't something I'd pick up unless I have very casual preferences.

What Girls Said 8

• I have had Badoo for over 5 years now. I have dated a few nice guys, been in a few relationships, @HarmoniChaos.
    I have also Dated and have been in Many relationships Outside the computer curtain but with This, a man from Egypt even found me on FB over four years ago and we ended up getting married at the Ministry of Justice in Cairo.
    Online dating and mating is not for everyone but can be fun.
    Good luck. xx

• Whats' Badoo? As I have never heard of it

• Badoo is a Free dating site in which you can create a nice profile of yourself and find people Nearby who live near to you in your city or in your own state.. Google this and you will find out how to download. xx

• I don't use dating apps! I just can't! I refuse! I dunno... maybe someday! But for the my answer is NO!

• I've been on OKCupid twice. The first time, I stopped because I got a boyfriend from it (and we only broke up because he had to move away). The second time, just a few weeks ago actually, I found a few potentially great matches, but... this just isn't the right time to try it. But I like dating websites. They give you a chance to find people you'd never have met otherwise, and it makes everyone's intentions pretty clear from the start, which spares me some stress.

• Lol @"Also whats up with every one using dog pictures or must love dogs? Are you setting up dogs for a date or people?"

I've never used any online dating site because I just prefer to make sure the person is real. I'm a very odd person that you pretty much have to see in person to understand.
    I'm single as of now, but taking a break.

• Used Okcupid and scored a successful relationship. 4 year anniversary coming up this Feb. 😎

• The only one that I used to meet people was Tinder. My therapist challenged me to try online dating with OKC and I did but I deleted my account and recreated it a lot.

• What was it like for you?

• OKC or Tinder? I got a lot of marriage proposals from guys in shithole countries looking for a fiancĂ© visa on OKC. There were some people I might have been okay with dating if I had been ready to do so at the time.

Tinder was okay. There were only a few people who made me uncomfortable. No one sent me photos of their penis so that's a good thing. Some people used euphemisms I didn't understand but I just unmatched them. In the city where I live now, it's not big enough for there to be more than one active dating app so everyone uses tinder. It doesn't have to be just for hookups if that isn't what you want.

• I don't know how the fuck did I end up with an okcupid account, they keep emailing me, I've never log in because I don't even know the username or password

• I have match and eHarmony was a no go. Then i tried another one. And met my boyfriend of almost 7months

What Guys Said 13

• No, I don't use those sites. They're pretty much pointless for men, due to the skewed male-female ratio on these sites (lot more men than women). Dating sites just don't work for men, unless they are insanely good looking.

I suffered from serious self esteem issues for a major part of my life, and only now I'm feeling more confident. I'd rather not risk being ignored ny women on dating sites, since I will be competing with truckloads of fine men.

• I made an OKC account once, waste of time i quickly realized. Made a tinder account, went on a couple dates and deleted after a week. The online isn't for me, I like in-person!! Why fix something never broken? It's way more effective and I can easily filter girls out/discern who is/isnt my type quicker.

• I had POF. Made a Facebook friend. And one gal was a total loser and went out of her way to contact my profile just to mock it. I told her to f* off. Haven't used a site like that since then.

• I was using tinder a while ago but I stopped. Don't want to at the moment but I still have it on my phone somewhere.

• Just go to a sports bar and start talking to single chicks you like and if it works out all the blind date kind of stuff will be out the window and you already know what you got

• Question what if your both. Not into sports and not into drinking?

• They like sports bars they know men like sports so the girls go there to meet guys. I know I have met them. I dont drink, I drink soda Its not a problem

• I used PoF and OKCupid for months with no luck. Had two dates that didn't lead to anything else. Most of the time people either ignored me or we hit it off well on chat but fizzled out.

Then, I tried a Catholic dating site, paid for six months, and had a lady from 1000 miles away message me like two days later. Two years later, we're happily engaged.

• used a lot of those but in my opinion there are very few datable people on there... and next to zero of them actually answer.

• Tinder to kill the time while doing bored stuff
    swipe swipe, rating people is fun

• I tried some out but I don't really got along with them. Some of them require money to be invested in for decent features and then again I'd be too afraid of making an ass out of myself or getting rejected by someone that I might see in public transportations the other day. Also, there's always a surplus of men and I wouldn't even know how to talk to chicks in ways they haven't heared a hundred times before.

• I hate using dating sites, it's really stupid in my opinion it's like a girl going to a candy shop picking what she wants, I rather real dating cause you can tell if she likes you by the tone in her voice, her body language, and what she says to you. simple. lol

• Yeah, I do. But I don't have a lot of hope for them.

• OKCupid has by far had the greatest results of all of them.
    Tinder being the least.

• I use, okcupid, pof and tinder i get no luck on any of em