What should I do about this guy?

So my friend set me up with a friend of her boyfriend's, he's a little older than me. We've only messaged each other and we're planning on meeting in a few days. I really like his personality and he's definitely not unattractive, but the problem is he drinks and smokes (cigarettes and weed) and I'm not into that kind of thing at all. He also gets violent when he gets angry, like punching walls. I get the feeling he likes me and I like him as well, I just don't know if it's smart to get involved with someone like that. Any advice is appreciated!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope those things are deal breakers and he'll never change

Most Helpful Girl

• You might think those are small differences but in reality those differences are very important. Especially if he's a pot smoker. I wouldn't take that very lightly especially if you aren't into it. I wouldn't completely write him off though if you haven't met yet. Maybe meet up and get a feel for him first before making decisions.

• Yeah I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I meet him, but all the stuff he does does worry me. I just don't want to be one of those naive girls who puts up with it, because I really don't agree with it and he knows that. Thank you for your help.

What Guys Said 1

• Stay away from him... he could be very abusive!

What Girls Said 2

• I think those are all legitimate reasons not to want to date someone. And getting involved with him and trying to accept/change those aspects in his life would not be easy (or even possible). I would save yourself the headache and heartache now and just keep it friendly, but nothing passed that.

• Yeah I'm starting to think that myself haha. Thank you for the help!

• I don't think he's the kind of guy you'd like to be... you'd have problems with his attitude