Why do some men date the same type of women?

I know a man that only dates blondes, for instance. Won't date anything other than a blonde. Can someone explain how can someone date the same type over and over? What separates a man that has a strict preference as opposed to a man who dates a variety of types? Is there some kind of personality correlation or douche bag detector or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• They say that men are usually attracted to women who look like their female caregivers when they were little. Usually this is their mother. I have seen this to be true.

• then can u explain why men date the total opposite of their mothers? like what if their mother was an wholesome, church going woman and he dates edgy women with tattoos, piercings and dark energy?

• I can't explain it. I was just saying, "usually" I see this. Obviously not always. Maybe he really disliked his mother.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am guessing perfereance!

What Guys Said 4

• You're definitely over thinking this. It's just a simple preference. I only go for latinas, not intentionally, but I've noticed that they are usually the only girls I chase. Does that make me a douche?

• Well... maybe. Maybe you superficially put latinas on some pedestal. Maybe they cater to your ego or maybe you genuinely find latinas attractive (which some are) ... a douche... is someone who superficially go for women, while not giving other types a chance.

• I don't rule out other women simply because they are not latinas and I don't place them on a pedistal. Just because someone has the balls to admit their preferences doesn't make them a douche. Your reply leads me to believe that people shouldn't have preferences, and those who do have something wrong with them. If I am correct and that's what you think you could not be more wrong and will only waste your time trying to convince people that prefernecessary shouldn't exist. Everyone has them, even those who deny it.

• he tried it , liked , and therefore wants more of it whats the big deal? why do some women only go for hot, bad and jerk guys? because they got one before and believe they can do it again and like it

• Lots of sensitive guys here, today. sorry.

• iam just saying the truth if you get something you will believe that you can get again and will keep trying to get it , just like girls who fall for bad guys iam not being sensitive i believe i will find girls who are for me and i have and i keep finding them i have no problems with looks but for me if i can get a hot girl i won't stop there and will always look for a hotter girl

• preference or a racist o_0

• Why do some many Black men only date White women and vice versa? Why do women prefer to date taller men? Why do men like large breasts and asses? Why does anyone date anyone? The answer: because they do.

Some men see blonde women as being the most attractive and others see beauty in different types of women, it's just how our brains work.

What Girls Said 1

• It's their preference.