If in 28 years I was never asked out, am I really that ugly?

I'm just wondering you know, when I attend some weddings of my friends or buy present for another one who just had her first child, and all of them are my age. I really wonder If i am that ugly that I have never even been asked on a date, not given flowers, obvi that not sex or serious relationship. Nothing. in 28 years.
Its really confusing to me, I can't say Im sad because I think I look average. Not overweight, I like yoga, eat healthy, etc. Whole life was considered a caring and sweet person with good sense of humour. Have my career... like what is wrong with me for men?

Most Helpful Guy

• You might be sending some "don't approach me!" signal.

• Really? what do you mean, example?

• Im not rude to guys, or stuck up you know

• Signals and body language are difficult to describe or to define. Your best bet will be getting some good male friends who might have a clear view/understanding on the way other guys see you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt that you're too unattractive, you see some super unattractive girls with bfs

I read this book a while back (its a pdf you can download), it had some brilliant tips for how to present youself in order to attract people, you might find it useful

www.mfnco.com/.../...%20in%20Love%20with%20You.pdf

What Guys Said 19

• I see that basically your asking if guys see you as less than pretty or undesirable , but you didn't add any pics to make our call from

• Oh didn't think about that, i really dont want "rate me" wibe , you know.
      Just asking what could men think

• Really can't make an assumption like that just based on the limited details

• If you were texting when guys are talking to you or getting to know you, this is an example of a "do not approach me" signal that girls commonly make. Guys will feel very disrespected to this action and will not approach you again.

Another example would be if you constantly give one word or very short responses when a guy tries to make a conversation with you.

• yes you are very ugly. because thats what you project to the world. if you think you're pretty, you will become pretty by doing pretty things, such as caring for yourself. Learn about health and taking care of yourself.

• I do yoga, dont smoke, dont drink, i visited mac maybe twice in my life.
      I work in the cosmetic industry... i know about self care.

• But how can i see myself beautiful if others dont!
      I think im average, but the ignore part from men, makes me think im ugly.

• the answer was stated in the initial response. you're not listening to me or yourself, your mind is clouded with voices in your head and of others with what "Beautiful" actually really is.

This is what makes you ugly:
      "I think im average, but the ignore part from men, makes me think im ugly."

You know your mom told you when making that frowny face, that itll stay that way if do it for too long... well people, here is a prime example of it.

Start to smile, take time to love yourself, and give yourself time.
      Dont give me that shit about not having time, because you CHOOSE not to MAKE time for yourself.
      You CHOOSE to be ugly with your attitude.

MAKE time for yourself and caring about what other people think and just be your beautiful self, and men still start noticing that.

• Focus on solutions instead of problems.
    And the solution to this is you asking out the guys you like. And that doesn't mean that you ask 1-2 guys and then say "I've tried that".

• Most likely lol.

• You probably sit around waiting, even though people approach you only if you seem interested in being approached.

• What is this that everyone tells me"interested in being approached","approachable", like what does it even mean?

• Lol i hope i dont look bitchy, god!

• Who knows!

• It has nothing to do with beauty this question. You're asked out on how attractive you are more than how beautiful you are. So don't worry. If you're not being asked out. You should've just made the first move.

• can´t say without a pic. maybe you just naver gave a guy the impression that he might have a chance with you.

• What do you mean? and what is that impression?
      Im not rude.

• are you distanced? how do you react if he makes kind of sleazy remarks or talks about sexual stuff?
      i mean if you want to know if it´s the looks, just make one of those "how do i look" questions.

• Have you been approaching guys? Have you been giving off signals that you're open to approaching?

Also, without sounding shallow, it's really hard to tell without seeing what you look like.

• You have to demand a number, email, anything. Have more initiative, don't wait for them.

• Every single relationship I have had has started when she approached me.

I have probably only initiated 5 or so times.

• Maybe you're giving off the wrong signals. Most communication is done with body language, about 20% with tone and 10% on actual words.

• Post a decent picture, one full body, one face.

• You were 2 year old when I split with my last girlfriend so don't think it's just you.

• I have to correct what I said, you weren't even born until 2 years after I split with my last girlfriend.

• Ahh ok. means you are single since that time? which means, my years?

• Yes I've been single for 30 years. So it's not isolated to you or anything like that because half the users on this site especially the guys are effected. It seems to be some sort of epidemic.

• I'd really have to see what you lol like. But looks shouldn't matter that much. I'm 25 and don't have a lot of dating experience. So sometimes it's just how it is

• Well we can easily fix that problem... do you wanna go out?

• most likely not but I can't see you

• Maybe there are a lot of shy people around you so their waiting for you to make the first move.

• Maybe you should try asking some guys out

What Girls Said 2

• You never approach!!!

• Yeah i do sometiems, im friendly

• Well have you ever flirted and than ask for a number?

• Maybe you've just never suggested to any guys that you're open. Or maybe you just haven't find a guy who you like and who likes you back. Either way if you try to get out there I'm sure you'll find somebody.