Are geeks a turn off?

This goes both ways
Guys what do you think of geek girls (or guys if you're attracted to guys)
And
Girls what do you think of geek guys ( or girls if you're attracted to girls)

by the way definition of a geek is someone who enjoys things like movies or video games or comics or tv series or computers. Don't confuse with a nerd who's basically really smart and enjoys such subjects

Most Helpful Guy

• Since I'm one myself, why wouldn't I? Common interests, whatever they may be, are always a good thing. If we both love doing the same things than that just makes a relationship better, doesn't it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn I would trade places to be in NZ! Ton of geeks in America! Want trade homes? haha

What Guys Said 15

• The most attractive woman I ever met was a "geek girl". Actually she was a lot of things, but she definitely had some of those interests.

I have to be honest, I don't really care for the term though. "Geek" started as an insult, and I'm not into taking insults back. I'm into just letting them fade away. I'd rather say "a girl who is into (insert interests here)".

Unfortunately, the problem with such women is that they tend to be very few of them around. If you want to find one, you'll really have your work cut out for you. It's true that more women are getting into this stuff, but there's still not a lot of them. I wouldn't say finding one is easy.

• To me, a geek is someone who's super excited and passionate about something. They're very knowledgeable and like to gush about it.

A lot of times, yes. If it's a subject that has even remote interest, I find a woman geeking-out about her passion to be extremely attractive.

The subject is key. Comic books and video games have some interest for me, but I'm in the SCA. So we have archery, rapier/heavy fighting, cooking, arts and sciences-- geeks of all kinds. As long as the subject is a personal interest or fascinating to me, it's hot!

• Based on your definition of into video games, etc. No I am not attracted to geeks at all tbh. Not my type.

Likewise, I would assume I'm not really the type for video gamer-anime girls either, and that's ok!

• i love geek girls. Geek girls are my type. I find girls who are geeks to be extremely attractive. To see a female geek get excited about something and be filled with emotion I love that. But most geek girls don't want to date , so I don't really know what a relationship would be like.

• It's hit & miss... the geekiness is just one layer of a person. So if someone has other attractive qualities then the geek part can be a cute quirk, but if someone is just boring in general then being a geek probably isn't going to help their cause too much.

• Okay so not the full geek, yeah geeks can be pretty hot. It's better if they have knowledge and passion too. Like someone said previously they've gotta be socially competent.

• Depends if they are socially competent or not.

• no it's actually the opposite because I'm one myself :)

• Nerds, smhhhh

• i love geeks.. dorks, ya name it :P

• A real genuine geek girl is sexy as hell. They're the women of the future.

• To me, no 🙂

• Nope it's a turn ON

• Geek girls are not a turn off. at least @Greekgirl98 is not.

• No, I love geeky girls, they can be so freaking cute

What Girls Said 8

• Nope! I love really geeky guys. I dated a geeky guy and I wasn't into all the same things he was, but he did teach me things and there were things I did end up loving that he loved. They're a lot of fun to date and usually total sweethearts and gentlemen. They're also really goofy, which is a plus in my book. They're not afraid to show their true selves!

• I like them. Theyre usually more creative which is my type anyway. And usually theyre the shy type who you can leave be for hours as theyre just playing a game so no need to be jealous haha :)

• as long as he is taking care of his heath that sall i care about. (This is for any type of guy.)

My sister-in-law always says "go for the smart ones, they are the best to date" and I agree. they are usually nicer and more caring

• if they're ugly, then yeah
    if they're cute, then no.

• No I would date one

• My older sister love geeks!

• no... theyre a turn on!

• No geeks are really smart boys in my opinion he knows how to think and I like it🤓🤓