Girls, would you ever date a guy who hates his family?

I hate Indian parents since they over emphasize studying over social life and sports (mostly my mom). They made me a full beta male. I failed 2 classes in my first college quarter and still am a virgin and have never had a girlfriend (but many friends). I lack game/flirting skills. I was also sheltered for my whole life and didn't stay out so late (did that a LOT in college). My parents always have me come home for the weekend.

• Yes.
    44% (8)
  • No (and explain why)
    56% (10)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I could be with someone who was not close to their family. But I couldn't be with someone with so much hate and resentment. That's not healthy. You gotta let go at some point.

• thanks for mhg. My family is messed up in some regards. And if I let their mistakes keep me resentful, I wouldn't be able to function on breaks (when I visit) So, I try to forgive them, see their point of view (no matter how flawed) and move on.

What Girls Said 5

• I am very close with my family. I couldn't be with someone who didn't value their family, as they would come to resent me for the time I would spend with mine.

• Well I'm not too fond of mine either, so..

As long as there's a reason for it, I'd understand.

• If your not really close, that's fine, if you have big problems with them, it's a problem

• Yes I could because I'm not close to my family at all either. They pretty much ruined things for me too.

• The older I get, the harder it becomes for me to date someone who doesn't like his own family.