What should I do being the 'other girl'?

just found out my boyfriend has been seeing another girl. I was the girl he was going to dump her for me. but I found out about her just before we were going to make it official.

he said sorry over the phone. he said one of the two of you are going to get hurt.

he said I deserved better. but that line is useless or means nothing to me. what should I do. he is going to choose her and he already said I'm out of his league. I'm hurt and I need help .

Most Helpful Girl

• If he is not smart enough to see that just being with you is enough, then it sounds like you don't need him. I dated a guy that I knew was cheating on me for a yr. All it did to me was make me insecure about myself and it ended up making me feel really bad about who I was. Because what kind of respect could I possibly have about myself knowing he's been with someone else. And even if I were to have had him, the trust between us was already gone, so why, the heartache and constantly wondering if you can trust him isn't worth your tears. There are so many other guys out there that will love you, like you, look at you and think they're lucky, don't waste your time on him. I had to learn the hard way.

• Sorry for you for what you went through. it still hurt I found out he 's been with this girl for a while.

• I really appreciate that... =) But, I'll tell you. Everything happens for a reason; it was hard to say that at first. But right after him, I met the right guy we got married, now we have a little baby girl on the way. So, =) everything works out the way it is supposed to be... I wish the best for you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• It will get better in time. There is just nothing you can do but accept the situation and move on. Get your life back and start living it again. You've only just found out, so it will take a little while to feel normal again. But you will. You are way better off without him. You do deserve better. Please don't let this situation affect the way you feel about yourself.

Take care

• You don't do anything. As much as you might feel for him, count yourself lucky. You are dodging a bullet. That line of "you deserve better," is meaningless to you now, but it is true. While you might feel rejected, you deserve to find someone who will be faithful to you. Take care.

• You do deserve better. When you love someone you don't cheat, whether it was you or her. Yes it hurts, but count yourself lucky you found out.

• That's not true. it's too simple to be true. Why do people say such simple things. Humans are too complex for that to be a rule. It has to do solely with personality. A person can love someone, stay faithful and be f***ed over, and then another will look at others wondering what's out there, until when they do realize their lover is right, it's too late.. I just decided we need to stop trying to figure people out. You can't tell much by actions. I mean you can but, people do cheat when they love.

• Try to talk to him about it. its hard but ask him why he thinks your out of his league when you really like him and just try to see what's on his mind. Tell him to be honest with you and don't lie. be like so is the real reason your breaking up with me because I'm out of your league or is it something else. And if he still don't see that he wants, maybe you are out of his league and you can move on to a way better person :)