Will I ever have a boyfriend?

So I'm an 18 year girl (senior in high school) and I have always been told that I am really pretty/beautiful and that I should be a model, guys think I'm attractive and I get looked at by guys wherever I go and looked up and down by guys (even popular guys) at school. I'm really not trying to sound full of myself, I am simply giving you guys information so that I can get true opinions on my question. I am 5'8", skinny (not stick skinny), and do not dress slutty at all. I am in the middle of popular and not popular, so average in terms of popularity. But I have never had a boyfriend and have only kissed one guy. I dont get why guys dont ask me out or even approach me. Recently, a popular guy in the hallway told me that his friend who is also popular thinks im attractive but thats as far as it has gone with guys showing interest in school. I talk to guys in my classes sometimes but I feel like I might not be showing that Im at all interested. All the people I have talked to say that I am so chill/laid back, super smart and nice, and extremely funny yet no guys seem to want to talk to me. My best guy friend has also told me that im one of the prettiest girls he knows and I found out he has liked me at least 5 times but he never told me and never asked me out and I dont get why he never did. He thinks i dont get guys because I dont talk much to guys but other girls dont talk to guys and they still get approached. Guys seem to always go for the popular, yet unattractive and easy girls and it really brings my self confidence a lot because I am going to college next year and I worry that I will never have a boyfriend. Please help me, I am so sorry if I sound conceited and if that offend you in any way, that really was not my intention. So why dont guys seem to show interest?

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly, your question in the title is absurd. Of course you'll have a boyfriend, probably lots. You're 18... life is long, young grasshopper. ;)

In regards to the rest, just don't force anything. Don't agonize. And above all, don't run yourself down because you think there's something wrong with you. I guarantee the more relaxed you are, the more approachable you will become, and the more attractive you'll get, too.

Lastly, at your age, guys have extreme difficulty showing interest. Don't forget they're just as confused and fearful as girls at that stage (even if they don't want to admit it). :)

What Guys Said 2

• Some guys just won't approach certain personalities girls lead on! I'm in college currently and I never had an official girlfriend in high school but in college it feels like a brand new start to your life and that can lead to many many new possibilities with other people. Don't be let down if it don't find someone in your senior year because I thought that way but it ended up being alright when I got to college 😜

• Well, they are intimidated by your beauty or assume you are dating someone else older.

What Girls Said 1

• You probably will have one. I'm a junior, but when the same circumstances. 5'8", "pretty", etc. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. There are a lot of people who haven't dated anyone yet. I think the biggest thing is that making the first step is the hardest plus you have to give signals of interest toward people plus in high school, your focus should be school.