Does size really matter on a girl?

all my life I have never been a size 1-2, I have always been a size 16. also the links of the pics I differ in one are...my boobs are bigger, I am a 44 dd.

The thing is do all guys just like skinny girls?

Does being a size 16 affect my chances of getting a bf? (I have never had a boyfriend b4)

Here are some links of size 16 girls: do you think they are overweight and I am along with them?

link

link

link

link

hey everyone...the thing is I have been really busy with classes and all, and it affects my eating time. I sometimes go a day with one meal, and today actually I have not eaten anything cause I have been running. I know this is not a good thing.
n don't wanna a repeat of passing out like I did once last semester. I AM NOT STARVING MYSELF! I just don't have time 2 eat with some of my classes is all.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with being a curvy girl :) Guys are guys, they like women all different sizes and shapes so I wouldn't think for a minute that you wouldn't get a boyfriend because you're "not skinny". If you're happty with who you are then people will see the confidence you have in yourself and that's what attracts guys :)

I myself am a size 14 so not too different from yourself but I'm not happy with the way that I am, not the size itself but I would like to be more toned so I'm working on it, sticking to a healthy diet but I still have treats and things :) you have to do whatever makes you happy and the boyfriend will come along when the time is right, you just have to make sure that he deserves to be with you and treats you right.

xoxox

What Guys Said 21

• Yes it does.

THere are a few types of men.

1. The ones that approach.

2. The ones that dont.

3. The ones that wont.

The ones that approach women are not going to choose a fat girl over one that is skinny. They are the ones with choice.

The ones that don't Are the ones that are married or have so many women they just don't care about talking to anymore girls.

The ones that won't will choose a fat girl because beggars can't be choosers. Unfortunately, usually these are the loser types, the "nice guy" and the guy that has never had a date in his life.

Fortunately for you, this makes up the majority of the male population.

However this also means that you as a woman must put yourself out there and talk to guys, get a good personality and get the shy ones.

Because they are not going to approach you.

• First off I'd like to say that your looks are fine, it sounds like you've simply got a large frame/body structure to you, which necessarily isn't a bad thing. You've got some meat on your bones, but then that used to be the norm when it came to what is sexy. Marilyn Monroe was a big girl too, not some annorexic sickly looking girl like in calvin klein ads. Size can very much matter. There are many men that would not be interested in a larger woman, but not all of us feel that way, and I'd wager a good many of us wouldn't want a girl that is too small either.

• I have offered an answer today to your other question on this same subject, I do hope it helps. Just a thought by the way, remember how many fans of all shapes and sizes the larger ladies on stage. film and tv get ... the opinions a young man in a group of peers might have differ when a curvey singer shows what she has on the inside as well as the outside.

There needs to be a change amongst women in attitudes to those of them who are not as slender as themselves. They fight against the glass ceiling men impose in the workplace but not against the glass walls they place between themselves!

It is your own attitude that counts and that of the sort of man who sees the whole you - there are different preferred female body shapes for all men and different preferred characters too!

Referring to your passing out - watch out for low blood sugar levels otherwise lack of time between your classes is the least of your problems!

• It kinda depends what you are looking for. There are a lot of guys who would love to date you and a lot that wouldnt. It would be exactly the same if you were thin though. Everyone is looking for something different.

You just need to be happy with how you look, don't lose weight for anyone other than yourself. If you're happy with how you look then you will find someone who loves you for you too. If you're not happy then change things. Losing weight really isn't difficult, you just have to eat less and move more. Although obviously don't eat less than one meal a day! If you eat only a tiny amount your body goes in to starvation mode and stores what you eat as bodyfat!

• Your body type is what I'd go after. Size 14-16 is perfect in my book. Though I don't rule out other sizes, it's just what I prefer.

If women were more comfortable with their bodies, we'd have an option of searching profiles by size. Sure weight changes, but that's still good to be the little one in the relationship. :)

• I think you look great. I wouldn't worry about size if I were you. Just keep up with what you're doing.

If you have some personality and depth as well I would ask you on a date and so will others.

• Not all guys just want skinny girls. Possible it could affect your chances of getting a boyfriend but then again if you want a better chance I would suggest going somewhere where a guy would ask you out (party, club, etc.) Most those girls look just fine to me.

• Your chances at getting a boyfriend are more about how you present yourself than how thin you are. Believe it or not most men don't do the following:

1. Check your dress size unless they are buying you a dress.

2. Care.

3. Show repulsion at any number higher than 0.

So as long as you look healthy you're a candidate, because really you're average, and average is good.

• I like those kinds of girls over skinny girls. I like a girl with meat on her bone (not too much, but just right like in the links), it looks healthy. I honestly want more girls like that at my college.

• No, size doesn't matter at all. The sizes are just made up and always changing anyways. When a guy looks at a woman not ONCE does size enter his mind. What matters to him is that he likes how you look. Skinny, curvy, tall, or short. Whatever you got is appealing to somebody, you just have to find that person. I hate skinny girls, but sometimes they have something I like. I love curvy girls but sometimes they have something I hate. Being a size 16 doesn't hurt your chances, it's everything else. Your hair, clothes, skin, makeup, and everything else has to be nice. After you do all that, then maybe work on lowering size slowly until you hit your ideal spot.

Whatever you're carrying, you just got to carry it well.

• If you look like them you might be a little overweight, but that picture with the bikini is awesome. God I'd be all over her.

• you just need to eat more FIBER that is all.

• Eat breakfast and eat healthy. Get your metabolism going. And work out. Don't eat when you aren't hungry. There you go. You look good but you'd look better if you lost a few pounds.

• There not over weight at all they have very beautiful bodys

• hot pics, add me lets chat abster_555@hotmail.com

• Well I don't think ur fat at all . I can't stand a skinny girl , I don't want all bones. Your fine

• yes it does and these girls are a little overwheight... I won't lie... I prefur average girls

• WOW! no worries here you look beautiful. Also, no skinny girls for this guy...love a woman with some thickness and curves.

• I think pics 1 and 3 need to dress in a little more flattering clothing but I wouldn't say they are fat. Just a little big. shoot, the girl in Pic 4 is gorgeous To tell the truth I like girls of all types except stick thin anorexic girls. I want you to look healthy. not completely fat, but not deathly thin

• Get over here you little keebler! :)

• Size does't really matter; Either personally for me, or generally for attraction.

I couldn't care less about the looks, it's the mental part that draws me in. That said, she also needs to respect herself to keep herself healthy. She doesn't need to be skinny, just that she cares enough about herself to eat well and keep relatively fit. And that 'healthy weight' differs from person to person depending on the body type.

Now for a little male psychology: Studies have been done endlessly on the subject of what men find attractive and one of the most interesting things discovered was this: Men look at the ratio of hips-to-waist not the size of the waist and the weight. I think the ratio was; Waist is approx. 70% of hip width. But because it's a ratio, not a size, it means that if a woman fits the ratio she can still turn heads even if she is a little bigger.

I don't think all guys like Only skinny girls, the media-at-large doesn't help, but there are still men who like to love something more than a pencil in skinny jeans.

What Girls Said 24

• Medically, she probably is 'overweight' but not dangerously so.

That being said, it doesn't mean she's necessarily unhealthy or unfit - everyone has different bodies. And obviously she's very pretty.

Now - in the long run, weight and size doesn't really effect your chance of having a boy friend; because we all know it's about more than looks. But it would be foolish to say it has no effect at all - where a lot of skinnier people may find it very easy to get a date, it may be harder for a bigger girl and generally generate less attention from first glance.

But many over-weight, much more so that the model, have a lot of boyfriends.

It's completely common, and it isn't like that girl and her figure look abnormal of massively large, just slightly bigger.

Just so you know - I'm a much smaller size and have never had a proper boyfriend, and I'm almost 18 - so not a world away from you - where as people I know of a larger size have had a couple, as long as people of a slimmer size. So it's obviously dependant on more factors, although weight may play a small role - but in finding a serious boyfriend, it shouldn't be much of a factor.

... not sure if that make any sense.

• there is one thing being natrauly bigger, wich is fine, but then there is another thing being bigger then what you should be.

im 5'7 and 140 pounds and all though some girls and possibly guys would just gasp to that thinking I'm obese or something I am not even close to fat.

i have I wider bone structure around my hips (im a hourglass) wich can make me look bigger, but I have a toned flat stomach and toned trim legs and jiggle in the right places.

if your like that too then you are healthy with fat in the right places.

but if you have excess fat and I mean quite abit of excess fat on you, then possibly start going for walks and cut down on the junk food and definitely soda.

please do not send me a hateful message saying how mean I am, and how there is nothing wrong with being big, becausse there isnt. it just isn't healthy. and I am in no means saying "size0-3" is healthy. for some people it is. for some it isnt. just like for some size 14-16 is, and others it isnt.

• Hun, you are beautiful. The fact that you don't have a boyfriend and never had one doesn't mean you're ugly or whatsoever. If you want to lose weight, lose it. If you like yourself at the moment, stay this way. Don't change for anyone.

On top of that, there are enough guys out there who would like you for who you are.

I'm a big girl myself. Size 16/18 in the UK (= size 14/16 in the US) and my boobs are 34G. I got a lovely fiance and he loves me for the way I am. And the weird thing is, he is not fat at all lol.

Just be happy with yourself, if you're happy with yourself the guy who will be dating you can also be happy with you. And actually I don't like the term 'big' girl. You're a gorgeous curvy girl, and what you should do is flaunt those curves (and those boobs too!)! :] x

• to some yes, to others no, its all about who the guy is. The good guys will like you for who you are, and that's all that matters.

• The negative comments you're getting are completely unwarranted and I for one would like to let you know that there are a lot of great guys out there who will appreciate you for you, don't worry about what anyone else things. People who put you down are ignorant and have grown up learning that anything larger than a size 2 is considered fat. It's all about how you carry yourself.

One of my best friends is a size 12 and she gets a lot a guys because of not only her sparkling personality but because of her long flowing scarlet hair, clear blue eyes and her complete refusal to starve herself to look like the waif-like figure that the media is advertising so heavily this day in time.

I also want to put out there that I am on the smaller side so I don't want to get any backlash saying that I'm a hypocrite or anthing crazy like that, it's something I can't change so I embrace it.

I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure a great guy will come along one of these days!

• Thanx alot.....i am not going 2 give you any back lash at all. the fact that you are smaller and are not saying anything negative means a lot 2 me.

• No problem, I hope all goes well for you:)

• I would suggest a girl isn't over maybe 250 pounds for health reasons and should try her best to be tone maybe, but otherwise, live your life girl and don't think that men won't want you due to weight. Plenty of men LOVE a big girl.

• dress is very flattering it looks gret. I'm in the same boat you are. I am also a size 16 but am only a 38A. I have also never had a boyfriend. Guys who only look at size and beauty are noyt men. Good men look at your personality more than beauty.

• 1) not all guys like skinny girls, in fact most I know like a little bit of meat.

2) no, it just narrows the pool a little bit

3) and honestly (not trying to be mean because I'm right on the verge of being overweight) I don't know how anyone can say you aren't overweight. By health standards yes you are overweight and it sounds like your habits aren't very healthy. Its not needed for guy reasons to lose weight but for health reasons it would be better to lose some weight.

• i don't think those chicks are overwieght at all.if you look like them your Really pretty.guys don't dig just skinny chicks just like girls don't just dig skinny guys, I personally think chubby guys are super cute:]

• I'm a smaller size. Once I ran into a guy I knew at they gym and he said I was too skinny! I asked him more about this and he said that what he likes to look at and what he likes to date are two different things. Specifically he liked meaty girls that worked out..and he was HOT! So you go girl..the guy that desires you is the guy that deserves you!

• idk about size and stuff, but the pic with the girl in the bluish/greenish dress, if that's you, is sooooo pretty

• It's not me, but I have the body like her

• Ah I see. I knew the pictures didn't seem right. What with the red carpet one and the bikini one

• No, no they don't look fat at all. Not for my country, they seem normal!;) I've always been different sizes all over which can be quite hard size 8 bottom, size 6 waist , size 12 bust (uk sizing) but we are all different! Don't sweat, your personality will shine through. If you want to get thinner though, no one will judge you! We all deserve to be the perfect person we see in our mind, if you can picture it, you can achieve it!

• I think that's a good size, as long as you're happy...it all it matters! - I don't have time to eat sometimes either but try to bring food to school and take a 5min break...thats what I do. =)

• First of all you are so pretty! I love love love the last picture! Not all guys are the same, some like skinny, some like curvy. I myself am a girl but I don't see what it so nice about skinny girls because a lot of them don't have as big as boobs as curvy girls like yourself! I love the size I am, guys in my school are always saying how the like bums and boobs and some skinny girls just don't have that. x

• Y ou have a lovely body shape. You don't need to lose weight, just cause your not a size 1-2. As long as your eating healthy; your heart and body will be great; no matter the size.

• I think a girl that size could easily get a boyfriend if they are confident about it, a size 16 is still on the attractive side especially if they have a healthy waist to hip ratio like in the pictures. I have seen girls larger than a 16 with guys. you just need to find a guy who can appreciate you.

• I used 2 not be confident in highschool, but since being in college I have gain confidence in myself and lost about 10 pounds, but am still a size 16. I don't know what 2 do. if you read my question girlfriend material and link it 2 this question you can understand what kinda girl I am.

• I do that actually....all the guys do are just flirt but if I like one of them I always get rejected.

• A guy in a book once said that finding the right person is just a game of numbers, the more people that you get rejected by the closer you are to finding the right person, there are always going to guys that are taken, don't want a relationship or your not their type. Statistically you will find someone.

• you are gorgeous! and all you need is to be confident guys look for a personality and honestly guys like to have more to hold on to

• your size is perfect, you look sooo healthy, you'll meet a guy wholl love you for you... AND EAAAT ! HAHAHA

• i think that a women size doesn't matter. Do you like who you are? If you do...f the rest of them!

• you don't look like your fat. you just look solid. there is a difference. you don't have the gross jiggle that most overweight girls have. for you, it doesn't look over weight, it just looks like your supposed to be like that. don't be self-conscious about your body. you are beautiful.

• Size don't really matter on girls.

• It only matters to the guys who are attracted to slim girls. Not all guys are looking for small, skinny girls, unlike common belief holds. Some guys are specifically looking for a full figured girl. So, could you end up liking a particular guy who is not in to your flavor of figure? Yes. But trust me, there are definitely guys out there who want what you have. Don't set your sights on one guy and wait for the guy who sets his sights on you, that you like and go with him.

• yes size matters. I used to be a size 8-10 and I looked really good. pretty much everywhere I went guys hit on me, people were nice to me and I felt great about myself. I blew up to about a size 20 and no one liked me at all, I had an ugly shape and of course guys ignored me. now I'm teeter tottering around a size 14/16 like you and I get a little bit more attention and the compliments are coming back but I'm still not as attractive compared to like a size 6 girl or something. yes weight does matter, people who say it doesn't are all liars. guys want an attractive girl that looks good on their arm. why do you think people like megan fox and jessica alba are popular compared to nicki blonsky?

the girls in the pics aren't bad looking, but yes they are bigger girls. I think they would all look better if they lost 30-40 pounds but they are still pretty. I think they could get guys but not as many if they lost the weight.

• They are overweight. That girl shouldn't wear a bikini. But the dress in the last picture hides the weight pretty well