My boyfriend is super into the gym and I'm a lazy bum, does anyone else deal with this?

So, I've always been just naturally thin and I walk sometimes, but I hate going to the gym. I am not perfectly toned, but my boyfriend was like into bodybuilding when we met but has slowed down a bit since I don't do that. Recently, when we were talking, I mentioned I would like to maybe work out just at home, and he like came up with all these exercises I should do lmao. I am worried I will look like a fool while I try to do squats with him and shit, because I have no experience with working out. I also don't want him to turn into a trainer and boss me around. Should I have him help me or just try to get my body right by myself? We've been together for 4 years, and I guess I could use his help so I do the work outs properly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell him what you're comfortable with and trust your partner :) I had a similar issue with my girlfriend. I made up workout plans for her and stuff and she just told me, nope that's not gonna work I just feel pressured, I'm not good at following plans, and that was that. Sometimes we start something new together, but mainly she does her own thing. And we both feel better cause we are working out in a way we are both comfortable with.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have to worry about looking like an idiot, if you need correcting he will show you the proper form, and thats good so you don't injure yourself. You can ask him to help you, it's mainly about discipline and just tell him you don't want him to boss you around but motivate you.

What Guys Said 7

• You won't look like an idiot. Just give him a reminder that you're not trying to get into serious bodybuilding just fit so he knows not to get really bossy and intense about it.

• you can fuck up your bod from bad posture, i just fucked up my back two days ago from just leg day, how does that even work

• Just do it on your own

if he did body building he would be used to a certain schedule that probably won't work for you so well

Also if you do it on your own you can do it at your own pace

• If you that worried, why don't you get a personal trainer at the gym, female one?

• you have to be pretty stupid not to be able to do squats and shit like that. with that said, it'd probably be a good idea to have him at least make sure you're doing the stuff right so you get something out of the workouts. and i doubt he'd care if you looked stupid doing them in the 1st place.

• Yea, do it. Or work out alone. I rather work out alone then with someone or around many peoples. Just depends on who you are.

• id be angry if my partner didn't want to lift with me, as I am a regular gym dood.

What Girls Said 1

• You could let him show you the correct technique then once you've mastered it tell him you feel confident in performing the excerises on your own. I'm sure your boyfriend will understand it takes practice to be able to get it right. He was a " novice" once 👍😊

I train 6 times a week and I've been training for years , but if I start performing a new excercise I still need practice to perform it correctly and have the right posture.

Eventually you'll be competent & confident at excercising without your boyfriends help 💪💗