Guys, Why do guys cheat?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't cheat. I am against it. But the guys that cheat cheat for the same reason women cheat. When a person cheats, man or woman they do it because something is missing in their current relationship so they look for someone else to provide them with what is missing.

What Guys Said 23

• Can you honestly say they're cheating versus living out the amount of commitment they actually have in the relationship?

Even Jesus said, "“You have heard that it was said, Do not commit adultery. But I tell you, everyone who looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

You're worried about an outward action, but the act has already been committed long before that point. That's exactly why porn usage hurts people. Their body may be with someone but there heart is elsewhere.

So with that in mind, are you really sure they're cheating? Or did you just believe what they said or convinced yourself of their fidelity in the first place? When there was no proof or actions to back it up? There's a reason why so many people eventually admit they knew their partner wasn't faithful. But it takes time to admit that they just swept it under the rug and deluded themselves.

• Monogamy is a social construct, not one based on our biology. Mormons believe in polygamy, so what you consider cheating is completely fine under the doctrines of Mormonism.

Guys cheat because they think it's worth the risk and don't care about personal integrity. Women cheat for the same reasons. Studies have shown that most people will cheat to a certain extent as long as they can get away with it, however we don't cheat when it diminishes our personal integrity.

• I don't cheat. Never have, never will. I despise it. I think most guys who cheat usually do purely for sex.

• I don't cheat on girls, I tell them from the start this is friendship and sex that's it nothing serious

better to be honest than to lie

• The girlfriend at home is nagging him to death while the other girl massages his ego.

• No, not all men cheat. However you're right there are men who cheat and there are reasons for that.

• Well because they can.

• Because, guys are more sex oriented, and understanding love is more complicated for them. Sometimes they think they love... but they find that's not really the case.

Or... some just don't care about girls feelings, and are manipulative.
    Lot's of reasons, very complicated.

• For the same reasons that women cheat

Afraid of communication and looking for something they miss in the relationship

• You'd have to ask that as general question. Women cheat too. So to answer your question. It would be our hubris, misbelief that we can do whatever we want another person's life.

• Because he doesn't really love or care about the girl he is with and also because sex with a new woman is great.

• There are two types of men in the world, literally.
    Those who like to sleep around, and those who stay with one woman.
    Depending on which type you prefer, you will shape the future of mankind.

• For the same reasons girls do I'd imagine.

• For relatively the same reason women cheat.

• Same reason girls cheat oh dont say girls dont cheat I see it all the time I just want go aftrt those people with a Thomas a swift electrical rifle

• Women and men cheat for all different reasons

• I don't. ...

• Because girl do so xD

• you ask like all guys do this? I don't! end of.

• Girls, why do girls cheat

• Guys who cheat do it because they have the option to have sex with a different vagina and turning it down would be foolish.
    We don't do it because we don't care for our partners or are unhappy, we simply do it because it was offered. We don't attach emotions to it, we are getting off with a different vagina.

We definitely do NOT cheat for the same reasons as women. Women cheat because they are unhappy, are missing something from their relationship, are testing the waters to see if they really love their partner or not, are getting attention from a male who tells them things or gives them things which their partner doesn't.
    When women cheat, it's because they are looking for something else. It has emotional connection with it.

• Same reason women do. They think they can get away with it

• I don't know probably the same reasons girls do.