Would you date someone who cannot speak your first language very well?

• Yes I don't mind that at all
    64% (30)64% (39)64% (69)Vote
  • Yes as long as he/she is super hot
    4% (2)11% (7)8% (9)Vote
  • No it would be difficult
    32% (15)25% (15)28% (30)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|17

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes but only if she was willing to keep learning it until she was completely fluent

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends how much he struggles with it, but im preference id rather someone i could just have a flowing conversation with.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• I think it would be a fun experience to just go by body language instead of relying on spoken language. The date would just need to be planned as an activity that doesn't rely on a lot of talking.

0|0
    1|0
  • I would not date someone who could not speak their own first language well.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind that, it doesn't matter as long as we have a language in common that we can use to communicate, but would really appreciate it if she tries to learn my native language, also I would definitely try to learn her native language too.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you can speak English well enough, then it's okay. It makes sense that people can't speak Hungarian if they aren't Hungarian.

If you can't speak English nor Hungarian, then we cannot communicate.

0|0
    0|0
    • Let's say she can speak English but not very well. Sometimes or often she doesn't get you and you don't get her.

• Show All
    • I don't know about Hungarian but okay

• I do. Learn English instead.

• Its fine. Most of my extended family members are immigrants. A few don't have the best American English, so I am use to it. Also accents are neat

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't work, as a British person we are very sarcastic and if you don't understand English well you won't understand our sarcasm 😝

0|0
    0|0
  • I am in this kind of situation, and well it can be really hard sometimes... I mean I don't mind speaking in English, but yes her English is not that well and I know absolutely nothing about her first language...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not for me. I get a lot of pleasure from conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • she would at least speak my second language very well XD which in my case is English.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have found more problems about comunication with people whose cultural level is lower than mine than with some people who don't speak my first language, then of course I will date a woman who cannot speak my first language very well

0|0
    0|0
  • I would certainly try to. If she can't speak mine, I'll try to learn hers.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, conversations would be difficult (and annoying)

0|0
    0|0
  • So long as we could communicate (verbally) then there's no problem for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would learn her language or just keep it in English.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are a lot of other possibilities to communicate.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated a girl like this during high school.

Our chemistry was actually off the charts rather quickly. And who knew that teaching someone completely inappropriate sentences in your language without telling her what they really mean could be so much fun?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• It would probably be too difficult. That said, I tend to understand what people are trying to say with various accents fairly easily.

0|1
    0|0
  • My language is too hard for foreigners too learn so it's fine, also I speak English very fluently so it doesn't matter as long as he can speak English as well!

0|0
    0|0
    • What's your language and what if he doesn't speak English very well either?

• Of course. I don't need him to speak Latvian at all, what matters to me is that he speaks English.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if he doesn't speak English very well?

• That would really suck.
      Communication is important.

• No I would be pissed off!

0|0
    1|1
  • Doesn't matter. We may not have a serious relationship unless one of us or both of us begin to learn each other's languages. I imagine that would be quite an experience and may bond us together more than expected

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I don't find if someone can't speak Spanish very well. As long as we can communicate in English, that's all that matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am dating a moroccan guy

We communicate in English, because none of us speaks the other's language well.

0|0
    0|0
    • LEARN ARABIC

Oh I meant Moroccan, considering that the Arabic they speak in Morocco has nothing to do with... Arabic lol

• :P

I love moroccan arabic

Yeah we are thinking about learning each other's language, but life is busy lol

@TheLuckyOne1

• I don't see why I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they can speak English i dont mind.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if they don't speak English very well either?

• Show All
    • No you can communicate as long he knows some English or you first language. It just takes time. Assume that he does speak English but doesn't speak like a native speaker and sometimes doesn't understand you. Would you be okay with it or cannot stand it?

• Hmm well in that case I don't know. I've never been in that position so yea I don't know.

• Sure, but I would love if they at least tried to learn some basic Spanish. Mostly so he can communicate with my family better since they are really important to me as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men would as long as she is hot
    as for me I speak two languages
    If they can understand my second language it's not a issue
    I'm currently talking to a guy who speaks with a Asian accent

It's fine as long as the person has English that I can understand

If not then it will not work

0|0
    0|0