Why would an AMAZING girl, never have a boyfriend?

I met this girl, she is 21 and probably the most relatable, genuine, and fun to talk to girl I have ever met. She is everything I want in a girl, she isn't gorgeous but she is still good looking (I think). I was talking to her last night and she was telling me that she has never had a boyfriend, and I just found that shocking because I have basically liked her from the minute I met her. I still remember that night clear as day, within 5 minutes of talking to her I had fallen for her, and over a year and a half later I still think about her almost every day, thats how much she has impacted me. I only see her once every couple months, but I still think about her constantly. Anyway, I got to see her yesterday, and we hung out for most of the day. When I was asking her about her past boyfriends (or lack thereof), she was getting really self conscious and upset and I just felt so bad for her because I like her more then any other girl, and yet for reasons beyond our control I can't date her, I still want her to be happy though and want to see her get what she deserves, which is an awesome boyfriend. What would she do to not have guys interested in her? Why would an otherwise awesome girl, never have a boyfriend? What is the deal here?

Most Helpful Girl

• well im like her but im 19.

Most of girls have guys around them but their searching for desent guy who would want to know her and not just fuck her.

I can speak for myself but i think that it's same situation with her.

1) girls can get hurt by boys in young age when you start those things and you just get afraid of realtionship and you don't trust guys (like me)
    2) if he's average or pretty guys usually come to girls to hook up.. they buy ypu drink until you get drunk and use you (i hate it about boys more then anything)
    3) he didn't have interest in guys before
    4) she didn't go out so she didn't meet guys much

it can be anything.. everyone have their own past and someting that they carry

and i think that most happens to girls like us is SHAME.. trust me i usually run away because i'm asshamed and i don't want hos to think that im weirdo and stuff.. im scared of guys reaction and i run from it till i was 17 ...

Most Helpful Guy

• some at that age busy with things like school , work etc and don't really put enough effort into dating to find someone. there is a lot of good looking descent 21 year old girls who don't have a serious boyfriend yet , that's not really an odd age to be single

What Girls Said 7

• Awwwww you guys gotta get married and have cute babies hehe.

Could be a number reasons like she's not met the right guy or too many players.. religious reasons.. she's intimidating or too much of an introvert. Maybe she's had too much drama and stress or hurt in her life and love has had to be on hold. But seriously.. you could be that guy she's been waiting for... maybe consider giving her a chance at least?

• Oh, this was basically what I was going to say LoL!
      And yeah, I think they should be together.

• It could be that guys are intimidated by her especially if she is so great or just that she's not going out enough or not going to the right places to meet guys that she likes. If she's been really busy with work or school, guys may not have even tried to ask her out because they assumed she would say no.

• If you are both 21, you are legal consenting adults. What circumstances beyond your control keep you from dating? Is it just a choice you are making? If you see her often, she is clearly in your same town. If you want to date her, just ask her out. Where there's a will, there's a way.

• The. You can be her first one, why not?

• Do you think it's emotionally healthy to tie up your whole life thinking about something you can't have. Both of you are neurotic

• Hey… I think it might be because sometimes men feel threatened by smart girls. Or the opposite, smart girls sometimes feel that they're being disrespected. She probably knows she's smart so she has a hard time deciding on what guy she likes…. That's my guess :)

• Maybe she was way more shy.

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe she had her priorities or she never met anyone reliable or maybe she was waiting for you to come in her life. And now that you have, don't wait for the chance. If you really like her and constantly thinks about her... tell her about your feelings before she actually finds one.

• Perhaps it's those "reasons beyond your control". Lol, what could that possibly be? Is she a dog or something? How could you even meet somebody in the first place if "reasons beyond your control" prevent you from dating.

• Maybe other guys are unable to ask her out because of reasons beyond their control 😜

• Why would an amazing guy never have a girlfriend?

• Don't ask her about it just tell her its awesome and enjoy your luck of finding a 21 year old that has waited to date and your the first.