I need some closure, but I'm not even sure it's over between us. Should I call first?

Been seeing this guy for a little over a month. Right before Christmas, we slept together and agreed to be exclusive, but take things slow. He left for a week to visit family. My New Years plans fell through and he was having a party, which he'd invited me to weeks earlier so I went even thought I thought it might be too soon. He was normal in private but ignored me in front of his friends. At one point, I tried to kiss him and he pulled away, which I found embarrassing. He admitted that he thought it was too early in our relationship to meet his friends. I felt pretty humiliated and out of place. I decided to leave. He kissed me goodbye. I said I thought I blew it with him but he said not to worry and he just wanted to take things slow.

He didn't check to see if I got home okay that night. It's been almost 2 days and no word from him. I feel like he should be the one to reach out as I was visibly upset when I left. My other friend says this is just 'taking it slow' and I should respect that he doesn't feel like contacting me. I don't know. A part of me is angry he hasn't called but another part is wondering if it's unfair to expect that.

Also, we both agreed we hated playing games. I don't want to play games, I want to be direct and honest but I'm feeling pretty hurt and would like if he reached out to me. If we hadn't agreed to exclusivity, I can see why he or I would ghost out, but if he doesn't want to see me anymore, I'd like some sort of phone call or text.

Also I know he has his sister in town for a few days and he might just be busy.

TLDR: Had an awkward new years eve with a guy I've just started dating. I left his party upset and he hasn't called to see how I'm feeling. Should I call him?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Go talk to him because if you leave with no contact he'll think you don't want to continue the relationship.