I have noticed that white people aren't very... generous?

am i wrong? but in other races culture usually family and being generous is a serious trait and with white people... they always seem so uptight and like they dont want to something for someone without getting something back? I've especially noticed that with dating... the guys who aren't white are usually very generous and the ones that are white seem greedy and cold.. why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would agree that western culture (which probably is characterized by your racial generalization, which I understand) is very individualistic. Very capitalistic-Darwinian flavor to it, where you just have to be out for your own and you just do what is best for you and your family and fuck everyone else.

I feel that is how society in the US is setup often times so that's the rules you almost are forced to play by unfortunately. It is something important to stop and be altruistic and help others though. Something we all would do well remembering more often I think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do I feel like this site has turned into a "bash on white people" group? I just want to point out that I am a white female who has dated a selection of other races. I have dated black men, Puerto Rican men, native American men, and lastly, white men.
    Weirdly enough in my dating experience I have found that your statement is not factual at all. The two Puerto Rican men I dated wanted me to wait hand and foot on them. I had to do whatever they asked of me and if not, I was yelled at and abused.
    The three black men I dated all treated me like I was a "sugah mama". I brought home the money and they made out like they were doing me a huge favor by buying expensive things for me WITH MY MONEY.
    The Native American man that I dated had an anger issue the size of my ass, which is not small by the way and I felt threatened and scared almost on a daily basis.
    And the white men I have dated (minus 1) treated me like I was actually human. They didn't expect me to do absolutely everything for them. They worked just as much as I did. They brought me out on dates which the other men never did. They treated me like a woman and not like some eye candy sex meal.
    So your statement is truly not relevant for most. There are fuck ups in every single nationality pool. To say that white people are the only ones who are fucked up is simply a extremely racist statement.

What Guys Said 10

• That's so rich, given that black people are the worst tippers by far of any group. Ask anyone who's ever worked in the restaurant industry, and they'll tell you numerous stories of black customers demanding red-carpet service and then refusing to tip when the bill actually showed up.

• maybe you're not cute enough for white guys to be spendy.

• I think you mean western culture
    Other cultures are more collective people share stuff

• Black people never tip, white americans are the biggest givers of charity in the world. White countries give more aid to other countries than africa or asia. But yeah white people aren't "Generous"

• You're forgetting that the entire point of dating is to get things out of people. It's not like you aren't part of the 'do something for personal gain' crowd, you absolutely require a specific amount of attention to give something up to a guy.

The whole dating dynamic is really 'Guy shows girl good time so girl will show guy good time. Girl will only show good time if she has a good time. Guy buys sex with love and affection.'

• Sorry it me so long to respond, I had to take the silver spoon out of my mouth.

• only stupid people over generalize , and this is coming from a half black man

• Haven't noticed it, but probably because I'm not thristy to date interracial

• White Americans donate more money to more causes than the rest of the world. White Americans also tip better.

• Donating doesn't make someone generous. They could be doing it for an ulterior motive

• @isthatarose Yes me and my friends donate to disaster relief in Haiti or the Philippines so we can get free Snickers bars.

• @isthatarose Actually, donating to charitable causes is the very definition of generosity, i. e. giving without getting anything in return.

• It's not white people. It's just in Western world they are more individualist than other culture where it's community and family based.

What Girls Said 2

• These types of questions need to end! Please

• White people did enslave, mistreat and degrade a whole race of human beings. Treated them as animals for hundreds of years. Raped the women, mistreated the children and murdered the men of the families. My ancestors were slaves and the stories in the history books in school are mild in comparison, as to what really happened and I think black and white Americans need to know. Maybe that's where their superiors complex, greediness, evil attitudes steam from.

• So we're guilty of the sins of our predecessors? My family wasn't even here. My family moved here from ireland/Italy in the last 120 years.

• Nobody can deny that slavery or the native genocide was horrible but it's not right to blame someone for their ancestors crimes. It's no more a random white man's fault than it is the fault of the descendants of the blacks who sold their own kind to the slavers. Might as well blame me for the plight of those conquered by the romans, and those tortured during the inquisitions.

• @tyber1 true