Why are men so fucking shallow? Why did it take for me to add another hot picture, and add it to my dating profile. For a reply to the last txt?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men are not the only ones. It's dating sites In general. They are based on looks. I get 0 responses and am not given a chance be a use I'm not very photogenic. It's no one's fault and makes sense because dating sites have to be based on the way pics look.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're making the assumption the only reason he replied was because you added another pic. Couldn't it be many reasons he replied?

What Guys Said 12

• Funny you should mention that. What are the typical requirements women have for men? Decent job, great personality, good social skills, funny, intelligent, attractive--preferably but don't have to be, money is a big plus, kind, strong, capable, ambitious. Contrasted to what males look for: basic attractiveness. Women look at the whole picture. What is the ultimate value of this man? Men only need basic attractiveness. So, while you might go "men only care about looks," pretty much. Everything else is just icing on the cake. But women have very high standards. And the difference is a woman will trade up, regardless of love, once she finds a better male, more often than not. A man would date an attractive woman from the slums, no problem. A woman would tilt her chin in revulsion at the idea of dating below her class, more often than not. Shallow? Yes, both.

Males and females mistake their own instincts for the other. That's why you get males giving sexual messages to random females. They think "Oh, I would love it if a woman told me she wanted to gobble my cock and ride me till I die." They mistake their own instinct for women's instinct. Whereas, women do the same thing.

So why are we this way? Well, males and females each have different reproductive resources. Sperm and eggs. Sperm is near infinite. Eggs are finite, essentially one per 9 months. This means females must be extra cautious about how they use their reproductive resources, leading to high standards. They must make sure the man they choose is worthy of the potential loss of reproductive time: 9 months.

But. When I don't have my pic up, I get essentially no messages on any social media sites. When I have a picture up, every once and awhile I'll get a female go "ur hot," or "you're good looking/attractive" "I like the words you use." Somehow, they only like my words when they're connected with a somewhat attractive face. Perhaps you can't see the forest through the trees?

I suppose it is shallow. But don't pretend women are any different. They're just as shallow in a different way. In the end, we're monkeys. I know society likes to teach us that humans are so far above animals, but we're just hairless apes. One look in a prison should say that much. Or the world. Behavior is much the same as traditional primates, in many areas. Just more complex.

In short, *humans* are shallow, because of instinct. Blame God.

• LOL... Same thing here. Until I put pics of myself well dressed and in an expensive setting, I got few replies. Shallow as hell, online folks are!

• It's life. We are attracted to attractive women. Personality is nice, but if she's not attractive... nothing is happening.

It's like how women want a guy with game and confidence and will trash talk men who don't approach, even as they themselves are gutless cowards who won't approach.

The flip side is, there's tons of women who make their living from their looks, from waitresses to models to booth babes to actresses and even porn stars or hookers. That's life.

• I don't really find most if not all the women on those dating sites attractive, not like there really is that many, combined with their comments and the way they see mine. I just dont bother with those sites anymore.

• Men are visually attracted. Women go for money and confidence and power. Think that's any less shallow? Lol it isn't. Grow up. Get over yourself.

• Men are not shallow. They're just kuch more direct. If a man wants a girl, he simply tries to reach.

In my opinion, women are much more shallow, never thinking straight, allways emotional and all.

• Some are ONLY driven to find a woman with good looks, visual people.

• Because we're scumbags

• We are visual after all ;)

• Why are women so desperate?
    Why do they insist on using their looks to get them through life?
    Why do women feel they get to pick and choose when or if they respond?

Men are visually stimulated therefore your appearance is the first point of interest with males. Women are emotionally stimulated so appearance isn't always the first thing, although on a dating site many women are just as shallow when it comes to responding to men.

• Don't be so fucking sexist, just because some men are assholes doesn't mean we all are, there are also women that are assholes, it's not gender specific

• So let me get this straight... you think someone replied to you because they liked a picture you put on a dating site, and you're not only complaining, you're use it as a basis to generalise all men and make a sexist comment?

What Girls Said 1

• Because honestly thats what dating profiles are, theyre shallow and based off looks first. I feel like 1 picture isn't enough they need to somehow justify their messages because you're equally as hot in the other? I'm not sure