What do you think about young teens dating online?

• I think they are too young
  • I think they should be able to do whatever they want
  • As long as their parents know about it
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• If should wait until they're 18+
    I've had 14 year olds messaging me and I've had to block them.. it's fucking weird.
    When I was 14 I wasn't slaying pussy I was slaying noobs and scrubs on Halo 3.

I still do.

Focus on school. Jeez.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should wait until you are 18 or older to find someone online.

You should also be smart about it. Make sure you webcam and use the phone and send pictures. If there's ANYTHING that even remotely sends up red flags, DON'T DO IT, don't meet him/her. Always meet in a public place.

Meeting someone online is a wonderful way of finding someone that could be compatible without wasting a heck of a lot of time. It also opens up a lot of variety of people rather than leaving it up to chance.

I would have never met my partner in person. It just never would have happened. We both dislike going out and we don't party. We're not interested in drinking or hanging out with friends in trashy places. We go to work, go to the store, go to school (when we have it, right now I'm doing online classes), etc. We are homebodies. It works for us. We have our own hobbies that don't require going out and about. The only problem with that is that we would have never met each other unless we looked online. And now I can't imagine my life without him. He's the most amazing, caring, wonderful man I could ever hope for. We are so compatible it scares me sometimes.

The wonderful thing about online dating is that it's easy to find someone that you could be interested in based on profiles. If you use something like okcupid you can answer questionaires and get a match percentage. My partner and I were a 98% because we have pretty close opinions to all of the questions we answered. It's a nice way to find someone that could potentially be compatible. Plus I enjoyed answered the questions and reading other people's opinion, and I loved to make my profile and read other people's. It's such a nice way to get to know people without having to go jump through social hoops. And it's a nice way to get to know someone without automatically brushing them aside based on first impressions (like when you go to a bar and you see a person and you're like "meh" and don't approach, but if that same person was online with a well worded profile you would be more likely to send a message, and who knows that could be your dream person!)

Obviously it's not for everyone, but the appeal is there for people like me :P

However, those sites require age 18, and I don't recommend doing it any younger. As a teen you should either be trying to find someone from your school or after school activities or refrain from dating until you can look online.

What Guys Said 11

• I think people shouldn't turn to online dating until the age of 30.

What's wrong with meeting people in public places and asking them on a date... things were much simpler before the Internet

• Doesn't sound like the safest thing to do, too much room for exploitation

• Seeing as it says young teens I opted for too young, reason being the endless grooming cases and sexting incidents. The main problem being the anonymity of the internet.

• Lawsuits? ))

• too young too dangerous

• I just don't care 😂💁🏻 if they're safe

• It's pathetic for anyone to date online.

• Why? It's just speaking to someone online through a messaging service, the actual dating happens irl just like any other form of meeting someone

• Ok so for e. g. 2 people that have a crush on each that basically just chat on fb or similar, don't actually go out and think they're a pair? That's fair enough then.

• If they don't share their pictures and they are very careful about the place of dating, I found no problem, the problem is that can be an open door to sexual exploitment.

• Online dating is dangerous. The person at the other end might be a predator or a con artist.

• It isn't wrong they just should now about all the risks and only then they would be able to date online

• I think it is fine

What Girls Said 4

• When it comes to young teens dating online, not only do I think that they're too young but that they are wasting their youth. You never know who you are speaking to when you are on the computer. We must be realistic about the fact that many people are not who they say they are. You'd be amazed how many sophisticated hackers you run into who stay under the radar. It's a lot more risky and tricky to see whether to not someone you essentially don't know rom the internet has a negative agenda. Even if the person does end up being who they claim to be and proves it with a webcam, I still think it's a waste of youth. Most young romances will fade away as adolescent personalities shed and adult personalities develop. They will no longer satisfy your needs and desires when you transform into an evolved version of yourself. So even if he does end up being who he claims to be, ultimately it will most likely become a waste of youth you can never get back.

• Teenagers have no business online dating. They should be learning to develop their social skills in the real world and spending less time online. Not only that, but it is not safe. It is not 100% safe for anyone, but especially not for teenagers. There are too many people out there looking to take advantage of them.

• Exactly what do they think they're going to accomplish?

• They are way to young to be dating anyway!!! Kids should be kids as long as possible and as far as I'm concerned teenage boys can do nothing for a teenage girl and vice versa. Like you can't drive, most of you don't have a job, and your to freaking immature for a relationship.

• And being a young teenager myself, I observed that most of those relations don't last for a month and then they go crying on social media about how their life is over and how they need a new bae 😐😐😒😒😒