If you are twenty one and never been in a relationship, does that necessarily mean you are unattractive? Because I feel that way ugh?

You don't realize how bad this makes me feel about myself.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• It might also mean that everyone who has ever been interested in you assumes that you are already taken, unavailable, or uninterested.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've also never been in a relationship and I'm 22. It doesn't mean you're unattractive. I've met guys who would like to be in a relationship with me, I just felt we weren't compatible and didn't pursue it. Also, I'm very busy and don't always have time to go out and meet people.

I know sometimes it's hard when guys that you like don't like you back, and when everyone around you is with someone it's hard to be single. But please don't think there is something wrong with you. There's nothing wrong with you. I'm sure if you posted your picture online there would be guys who are attracted to you. But it's not about finding a random guy who thinks you're hot, it's about findng someone you work well with.

What Guys Said 7

• Not at all. I had my first relationship only when i was 23. I wasn't a looker back then, but I was not 'unattractive' either.

Maybe you just seem unapproachable to men, in spite of being attractive. Or you're not putting yourself out there enough. there could be so many reasons, but i seriously doubt it has anything to do with your looks.

• I remember you commenting on one of my previous posts and you said the relationship came out of no where... mine hasn't happened yet

• I don't seek it at all. I literally do not talk to anyone. All I do is study and work

• Well, you can't go out and say "I am going to find love today!" but you should put yourself out there and make it so you are available if you want a relationship. It's not one or the other, it's somewhere in the middle. If you want to be approached (or if you want to approach someone) you need to go out and meet people. You can't just expect someone to come to you if all you do is go to school and work.

But, no, it doesn't mean you are unattractive, it's probably more like you are unavailable and aren't putting any effort in to meeting someone. I went online to find someone and never regretted it. I hate to go out and about and it was really convenient and a nice way to find someone I was compatible with, but it's not for everyone.

• Learn to love yourself before you become capable of loving others.

• I bet your American. It seems to be an American problem. For a country that prides itself on diversity and tolerance there isn't half a helluva lot of segregation in terms of class and race. You can't have a normal life in communities that isolate you from the normal goings on in life. I spoke to a guy in his 20s who never had a girlfriend who had grown up in a gated community. I was thinking no fuckin wonder. You gotta take the good the bad and the ugly in life and let it shape you. We were getting heavy doses of reality when we were kids. We seen drunks boxing on the streets. Paedophiles getting kicked half to death. We saw spouse abuse. alcoholics, junkies, thieves, we saw uncles and father's half kil each other in drunken parties. Heard swearing that would curl your toes. Even seen a burnt body getting un-nailed from a tree. He'd welched on a drugs debt we heard. Point is getting exposed to real life gives you the confidence and presence growing up to chase what you want when your older. I would never have swapped a silver spoon upbringing for my own rough one. I can handle anybody and anything now and it helps a lot being a parent. I was never scared to go after any woman I liked. Even when I was 12 I was wide as fuck around girls.

• I am 22 years old and never had a relationship. I never question about my physical looks.

• Probably because you like yourself and I don't.

• Do you at least consider yourself attractive?

• My physical attractiveness is not determined by myself but is determined by other people.
      I am a guy, so physical attractiveness does not play a big role as for girls.
      I consider myself to be average.

• Just because you are 21 and never been in a relationship, doesn't mean that you are unattractive. You just haven't found the right guy.

• That person might be in the 'wrong' environment' , not motivated, unattractive, too picky, socially clumsy, have a B. O. or a bad reputation.

• No, you still have time... but mine is running out, I'm 36 and I've never been in a relationship.

What Girls Said 7

• My first relationship was 24

• This website is full of people who want to rush things. Next it will be I'm 14 and I've never been pregnant. Does that make me ugly. Relax don't rush things. I'm 24 and I've never had a guy. I date around. That's what normal people do

• If that's you in your photo, you're slender and attractive, be sure to remain confident in yourself :)

• You are too good for the losers currently out there. The right guy hasn't showed up yet, keep waiting.

• Honey. It's really not that uncommon. Relax. You're fine.

• I feel the exact same way. Maybe you are not putting yourself out there enough or meeting the wrong guys. Or you could be coming across as unapproachable in some way.

• I agree. So you're 24 and have never been with someone?

• Well I have been on dates and dated once or twice but not serious at all. I had flings also. I was made to be single forever.

• Love comes around when you least expect it and when you're not looking. Stop thinking about it and it'll happen! :)

• My first relationship, even though it lasted for a short time, was some months ago, and I am 30.

A wise person told me not look for love, love will always come to you in unforseen ways.