Should I break up with my boyfriend?

I love my boyfriend, I really do. But I can't tell if it's mostly attachment rather than actual love. We fight over petty things because he is very stubborn and I am very sensitive. We've had many talks about respect but he continues to disappoint me. Like tonight. He called me and asked me if he could go downtown with his friends when we already had plans. I said no, we have plans already? He went anyways. I of course got upset, he said to me "I'm not dealing with this. I'll call you later." Stuff like this happens all the time and I don't know how long I can handle it. A few days ago I asked him what he wanted in life. He said to me, "a family." How do I get through his head that he needs to stop going out and getting drunk and ditching me if he wants what he says he wants. I'm not going to keep doing this. But I already know I'm going to miss him terribly if I let him go. We laugh the whole time we're together and he makes me happy most of the time. But he also frustrates me and makes me unhappy too many times. Help. (And thanks for reading)

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you had the talk with him of all the things that are making your relationship sink? You should have a sit down and talk about all of the issues. If it can't be fixed or worked on, then you should leave.

• I have tried to talk to him. But his personality is so stand-offish that it doesn't really help anything. I just need help on finding the words to say that will make him actually listen.

• Then, you need to walk away. Maybe, then he'll be less stand offish to talk to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• He called and asked & then went anyways... knowing you guys had plans it's time to put your foot down girl and demand respect from this guy... no don't break up with him but yes leave him... yes let him know how it feels to be without you he will be calling you girl ignore them calls... that will give him time to think... and he will think about you because your gone he will miss you... he will then want to respect you more and treat you better because he knows that you will leave him... sticking around everytime... won't change him... show him that you can be gone... respect is the number 1 thing in a relationship if he can't respect you then its not worth sticking around cause you will always get hurt... I know you love him but if you guys can't respect eachother then its not ment to be... girl I know cause I went through this with my ex and I got restless I couldn't deal... but I left him for good... but don't let no one tell you to leave your man if you feel it's worth dealing with and you feel you truly love him and he truley loves you and that he can change don't give up on him work through any and everything if he's really the one for you things will change I wish the best for you two and hopefully you two will make a beautiful family in the near future :)

• Thank you so much girl!

What Guys Said 3

• First sit and talk
    And if he won't give you time then you should leave him and move on
    I think he don't love you or he's just fed up of you :P
    I'm sorry

• Maybe continue talking to him. If you and him want a family, then you have bigger problems to fix before you do that. Ask him to see a couples counselor. If he doesn't want to go, then I guess he's not the kind of guy you are looking for.

• It's really up to you kiddo

What Girls Said 1

• omg , i think you and me have a same type of boyfriend , and im sensitive like u. we fight for petty things ahaha. and i really love him , and i know im going to miss him terribly if i let him go, but maybe we must relaize , if we can happy before met them , so why can't we be happy after they gone? fighting!!!