Am I too innocent to date?

So I just got rejected after I told my guy friend that I liked him.

He was nice about it, but then he added "you're very innocent and I like to drink and party and stuff, and I don't want to be that kind of influence on you".

I'm 19 and a sophomore in college.
I've never had a boyfriend, gone on any dates, kissed anyone, or any other stuff like that.

I'm a introvert so like my alone time. In other words I don't go to any college parties and actually have only stayed out past midnight a handful of times. Instead I stay home and read or watch Netflix. I can be social-ish at times, and I love talking to people who share my interests.

I know I'm innocent, but am I so innocent that I'm not dateable?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I think he was just worried about your compatibility with him - he probably wants a girlfriend who will party with him and thinks you probably won't. But that doesn't make you undatable, it just means one guy you happened to like didn't feel like you were the right girl for him. There are plenty of guys out there and they are all different so just keep looking for the right guy who loves who you are.

What Guys Said 14

• You are perfect to date I am looking for a girl like your style. You just found the wrong kind of guy is all, be who you are

• Innocent was just a bad choice of words, the main point here is that you guys like different things and at a certain point it will weigh on your relationship.

• when i was in my partying phase there were women i wouldn't ask out because i knew id be a bad influence on them

• You are not the problem. You just have to find someone like you or a sweet guy who will accept you for you. You seem mature for your age and a lot of young guy are not ready for a mature young lady like yourself so he is really doing you a favor.
    Just be humble and find someone who is focused on being responsible and not into parting their life away. I know it can suck bring alone but, it sucks even more being with an ass hole who doesn't put you first.

• No. Your innocent and some guys can deal with that. I can cuz I like to be alone to and don't to college stuff either. You just need to keep looking or try some college parties

• I hate loud noises so I'll keep looking.
      Thanks for the advice.

• 👍 Any time 👍

• I'm surprised he had the decency to protect you from his lifestyle. What a guy.
    Girls like you don't grow on trees, and you're way too important to waste away in such a destructive environment. He made the right decision.

Promise me when you find your match, have lots and lots of children. Alteast 10 children! Your character traits must go on and multiply!

• Lol it could be he didn't find u attractive OP, If chick is hot and not outgoing. I won't be like "Oh no you are innocent" lol

• I've had a friend say I was a "quality girl and deserve more." He knew not to cross boundries, because he couldn't give me what I wanted. So it's not always just a simple, "well he just didn't find you hot enough." There are decent guys who care about a girl friend and what is best for their interest.

• @Lioness Too busy caring for my own and I still pull hella lot so

• What are you talking about lol

• Your the female version of me. XD

You're not too innocent. He just knows he's gonna do stupid crap and he doesn't want to get you into a mess because of it.

• You need someone sophisticated to date.

• You're the one, unfortunately i can't catch u... good luck with ur life

• maybe ur not hot

• I wouldn't call it too innocent to date, more like your lifestyles clash. Honestly, even if a girl is innocent, as long as she is hot guys will still be interested in dating/having sex with her. Maybe he just wasn't all that attracted to you?

• It's possible in this case that he couldn't see you two socializing when his life revolves around partying.

But 'too innocent' is usually code for 'you don't seem like you'd be immediately DTF'

• No you just need a few sluty rumors following you around

What Girls Said 7

• No your not, that just means he's isn't the right guy for you connection wise and that's ok, and It's good he told you so you wouldn't spend a huge amount of time on a relationship that wasn't going to last anyway

• They're not the guys for you. Find a guy who has a similar lifestyle to you and you won't get rejected.

• No such things! Guy just wanted to have sex with you!

• No, there's nothing wrong with you. You just have to find someone that is more compatible with u

• I'm exactly like you. I could have asked this questions.

• Nooo, the right guy won't mind :)

• I think you are normal.