GIRLS!! STOP WAITING FOR THE GUY TO DO THE 1ST STEP!! It's 2016 now *TESTIMONY*?

Happy new year to you, my friends !

ineanted to start this new year with a post that should bring hope and courage in the heart of all the hesitating girls out there.

I've always been told that a girl should never ask a guy out, that it was gross and rude. Well ok then... I started my love life waiting for a sign, a word or even a look from the guy I would have a crush on. And I could spend an entire year waiting for him. And that was the problem, the wait.
But recently I decided to start the first line of another chapter of my love life. There was this guy I had in my fb friend for like 2 years now. We would casually exchange words, comment on each other status, like some photos but it never went far, no private convo or else. But in the beginning of December I hit him up asking him what he was doing in the evening. He was surprised, event thought my account had been jacked. He accepted the invitation, we spent the whole night in a pub drinking telling each other's life. He knew all about my fb moves, told me he liked my personality on and off the web. We ended up kissing passionnately.
Now we still dating and I'm eager to see where it will lead us. But girls, he admitted that he loved the fact that I took the initiative and I think boys in general think that way.
Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would a girl actually put work and effort into dating when they can sit on their asses, waiting for multiple guys to flock to them, and judge which one is most worthy of them... and GET AWAY WITH IT.

Guys can't get away with doing that. Girls CAN. That is why guys are the ones who practically always initiate, while girls don't.

Nothing is going to change until the ability to get away with such behavior is taken away from girls. < that's only gonna happen if all guys suddenly stop asking women out, and women are forced to initiate. But we all know that's never gonna happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• No no no no!
    Do your thing girl.
    I think we are all stuck in this box, leaving all to man, we can take control as well! Love the fact that you went for it. Takes courage, I salute you!!👏

What Guys Said 8

• Who the fuck told you it was gross and rude to ask a guy out? I'll kill them.

My thoughts are that OF FUCKING COURSE WE WANT GIRLS TO TAKE INITIATIVE. It is rather miraculous that girls do not realize this. Do girls not know how to think as if they're in another person's shoes?

• plenty of girls ! my bestfriend first lol she's the worst! even if she's dating a guy she really like she's always waiting for him to do the first move, to send the first text or the first call. They can spend like a whole month without speaking because she will never send something and he tired of doing everything. a coworker older than me told me i woud be ridiculous if i would go to see a colleague of mine and tell him i like him...

• Yes! Exactly! Girls be assertive and confident! Or just sit in your room and wonder why he isn't picking up on your "obvious" signs despite however many times you click on his profile lol.

• lmao I agree with the title
    there are no rules

• yes thank you omg please ladies take her advice will make your life easier plus men are nicer too women anyway if you do get rejected

• Lol for that girl who I apparently "hate" u have a good point :P

• Good advice coming from a highly attractive women.

• Thank you. I'm sick of all the pressure being on me for making the first move. It's tiresome.

• yes i understand !! We always complaining about how we gon end up alone while we doing nothing to change things... I think its part of sex equality that girls make the first move too

• Can't stop traditionalists

What Girls Said 0