Is it possible to have feelings for two people at once?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it is, why would your ability to feel stop simply because you are with someone else?
    I can love burgers and still love other foods.
    I can love both my children at the same time.
    I can love swimming and still loving skiing.

The idea that our sexual emotions are any different than every other emotion is simply ridiculous.

Most Helpful Girl

• "If you love two people, close your eyes and choose the second. If you truly loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second." -Johnny Depp

• In theory, this is great advice. In practice it's terrible advice. It would lead pretty much everyone, in the world, to leave their long-time loves for their short-term infatuations. Whenever the infatuation came second.

This is good advice precisely for those who don't need it. And only for them.

But at least it SOUNDS good.

What Guys Said 7

• Feelings much more flexible then most people know or expect.
    Infact, they can just sorta be there and not even be for anyone! (Happens to me a lot)

So yes, its possible to have feelings for multiple people or nobody at all.
    The best trick i discovered to find out the truth is ofcourse first to realise that feelings don't have to be tied to anyone. And then if they calmed down a bit grabbing a picture of them. Look at the picture without specifically thinking anything and observe what happens. Did the feelings increase? Did the picture make you smile? Then they are probably tied to that person. Did nothing happen? Then they are just sort of there.

• Yeah, all you need is two attractive people.

• 0|0
  • Yeah, there are times when you're with someone and someone better gives you the hook and you're super confused...

• Yes of course

• If it's true feelings then no if it's just lust then yes.

• Yes, but not in great amounts. I can have small feelings for multiple people. I can not feel strongly about more than one woman at a time.

What Girls Said 3

• If its possible to have feelings for two people at once then honestly its not real.. Something thats mutual is strong with no questions asked.

• If you like one person, and another person comes along and you grow feelings for them. How can you say you even like the first person, if it was so easy to develop feelings for another.

• I think it depends on the person. I've always had a hard time understanding how one person could have feelings for multiple people at the same because that is something I don't even really think I'm even capable of.